1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to UK Eurosports:

American GP - Indy in, Laguna out

Eurosport - Sat, 07 Jul 18:45:00 2007

Moto GP will race at the famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway next year when the race switches from its current home at Laguna Seca.

Joie Chitwood, the Indianapolis track's president, told the Indianapolis Star that the race will change venues as part of an expanded 18-race calendar.
The news will be officially confirmed later this month with Chitwood also set to unveil plans to re-vamp the current road-course section of the oval circuit with the bike track set to run in the opposite direction to the current track.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Not true at all..

According to Superbike Planet, This is not the last year for MotoGP at Laguna Seca

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Jul/070703q5.htm

Not Laguna's Last GP
by dean adams
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Who knows how fables like this get started? One tale of fiction that is rounding the horn fairly often these days in enthusiast circles is that the 2007 USGP at Laguna Seca will be the last GP held there because this is the final year of the event contract with Dorna.

Not true. At. All.

In her interview here many months ago, Laguna Seca GM Gill Campbell said that this is the final year of the exclusive portion of the Laguna/MotoGP contract.

The non-exclusive portion of the contract runs through 2010.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Indy could get the attendance in year 1 but it'll probably have a steeper drop off every subsequent year because its not a venue that is very appealing to motorcycle racing fans.

However that Eurosport article is flat wrong because Laguna has a 5 year contract. I hope Laguna can keep the race after that though, its a great venue.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
if they did that, that would be uber gay....

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
what?! no way i hope they keep laguna on the calander...i still gotta go!

·
OG
19,115 Posts
Im pretty sure the laguna seca contract is up 2010. and if i have the money, ill travel to indy for the race

·
Curve Connoisseur
916 Posts
hellz bellz.......there is a lord........this is best news i've heard in years.........i'm from michigan and this is a blessin'.......

·
Registered
316 Posts
I live in Indy. I'm so ecstatic(In my best Mike Tyson voice)

·
Registered
995 Posts
I'll go to which ever venue that will bring in the 125 and 250 races... I refuse to go to Laguna because I am not interested in watching AMA... I'd rather see Dovi, Loren, and Bauti in action than Mlad, Spie, and Zemk in action

1 - 10 of 10 Posts