Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've ordered from IndyOem several times before, with no issue.

They seem to take a few days longer than some of the other OEM dealers, however they're usually the one of the cheapest in price if not the cheapest.

I ordered a fairing stay with some other parts a couple weeks ago.

I receive the parts but notice a tab on the stay is broken. Most likely, because the box was fairly large and not much filling was inside except a couple air bags.

I spoke to them and they'll send me a new stay, however they won't cover the shipping when I ship the broken stay back to them.

I spoke to a couple different people there and they basically gave me the run around about reimbursing me for the shipping cost. X would say they don't reimburse but I can ask Y. I ask Y who says they don't reimburse but I can ask X.

I'm using the same box to ship it back to them and it cost them $13.00 to ship to me so I'm assuming its going to cost me the same to ship it back.

FWIW, they said if this was a purchase from Indy Superbikes they could accomodate me, however with IndyOem they can't.

Am I wrong to think they should reimburse the cost of return shipping?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That depends on their policies. They should be available on the website.
It says the customer pays for all return shipping. However, it doesn't say anything specifically about damaged returns. I thought that was because damaged returns are no problem and they only charge you for returns on items you don't want anymore or exchages (which I totally understand).

I guess ultimately its my fault for not double checking before I ever ordered from them, however I just assumed because I've always been reimbursed shipping for damaged products anywhere else. And I'm not just talking about bike parts.

I don't really have a choice for the time being, except to not buy from them again in the future and not endorsing them

Maybe I'm expecting too much

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
outside comment: we do get a large amount of people that claim manufacturer defect when it's really their fault or they're being shady. having the customer pay for the shipping then reimbursing them when its found to be defective has worked out pretty well for us. hard to explain at first but i think most people are happy in the end.

personally, its really easy to see how you or another customer would be pissed to get a defective product then have to shell out more money to get it fixed. you paying for the shipping is really an industry standard, one thats difficult to understand sometimes, but its what a majority of the people do.

be patient and dont DEMAND help, just ask for it. let us know how it works out. if you gotta spend $15ish it is what it is.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
outside comment: we do get a large amount of people that claim manufacturer defect when it's really their fault or they're being shady. having the customer pay for the shipping then reimbursing them when its found to be defective has worked out pretty well for us. hard to explain at first but i think most people are happy in the end.

personally, its really easy to see how you or another customer would be pissed to get a defective product then have to shell out more money to get it fixed. you paying for the shipping is really an industry standard, one thats difficult to understand sometimes, but its what a majority of the people do.

be patient and dont DEMAND help, just ask for it. let us know how it works out. if you gotta spend $15ish it is what it is.
Thanks for your feedback.

Hopefully it all works out in the end.

Here's pics of what I'm talking about. The sealed package the stay came in has not been opened.

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,281 Posts
if it came in damaged you shouldn't be responsible to pay for shipping it back - i do like what Jason said about shipping back at your cost and then they reimbursing you once they see it's not your fault (would be good to see something like that in an email from them - this way you got some kind of protection from them not paying you back) BTW - good job on not opening the bag and good pics - maybe send those to them?

maybe Jason can say if he saw these pics what they would do for their customers :ponder:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
i dont do returns, i used to though. with pics everything is easier. if a customer had pics like that and needed special attention i would probably try to help them out. if they DEMANDED help that would be a different story, thats a no no here. you need to ASK.

pics make everything better.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I sent them the pics as soon as I got the stay and there weren't any demands made for a reimbursement.

I wasn't mad and maybe I should have used "huh ?" instead of "wtf?" in my op.

Regardless, I'll see what happens once they receive the damaged stay.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
I think the returns people you guys have at STG are awesome. When I got my Shoei lid I was sent the correctly labeled visor but inside was the wrong visor. Called STG and you mailed me a new one with a return label on for the old one.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I think the returns people you guys have at STG are awesome. When I got my Shoei lid I was sent the correctly labeled visor but inside was the wrong visor. Called STG and you mailed me a new one with a return label on for the old one.
thanks dude, Ryan was in my office when i was reading this. he said thanks for the shout out.

mistakes happen, especially at a 200 package per day volume, its all about how they get fixed....

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,281 Posts
thanks dude, Ryan was in my office when i was reading this. he said thanks for the shout out.

mistakes happen, especially at a 200 package per day volume, its all about how they get fixed....
true that - all about how it gets fixed - glad to hear you guys do such a good job! (hopefully OP will get the same from these guys...)

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
I had a similar thing happen with an upper cowl from servicehonda.com but it was the shipping companies fault since it was a crushed box. They sent me a new one at no charge and fedex picked it up.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
So, I got reimbursed for the amount it cost me to ship the broken stay back to IndyOem.

However, everything was not ideal in the end.

The second stay I got, came broken as well, however this time I didn't notice the crack until I was installing it.

At the bottom is a pic of the box my second stay came in. The packing paper you see beside it was all that was in with the box.

This is the complete time line for the whole issue.

-I purchased the fairing stay on July 13th.
-I got it on July 22nd however, it came with a broken tab.
-Due to people from Indy being on vacation, I wasn't able to speak to anybody until the 27th.
-After speaking with IndyOem, they instructed me to ship the broken stay back and once they check it out they'll send me a new one.
-I didn't want to wait all that time for them to receive my broken stay first before they ship out a new one, so on July 27th, I purchased a new stay out right and told Indy to just credit me the purchase price of the second stay once they receive and verify the first broken one.
-When I told Indy what I wanted to do, they said no problem, they'll refund my card when they receive the broken one.
-I sent the broken stay back on July 28th.
-They received it on August 5th.
-August 5th I received the new stay, however this one was broken as well.
-After speaking with Indy again, they told me they can send me another one after I return the second stay.
-I didn't want to go through the whole process again so they advised me to use some epoxy to fix the crack, if I didn't want to send the second broken stay back.
-I decided to keep the second broken stay because I wanted to get my bike on the road.
-August 11th, I asked about the status of refund for the second stay. I also asked if I could or would get reimbursed for the amount it cost me to ship the first stay back.
-August 18th, I haven't heard anything, so I about the refund again.
-August 20th, Indy calls me and tells me they are going to refund my CC for the second stay and reimburse me for my shipping cost.
-August 24th, the refund is on my CC.

FYI: At no point did I ever raise my voice over the phone or send and angry email. I never demanded anything and pictures were provided throughout our correspondence.

In the end, I'm not sure if I'll order from Indy again :(

·
Registered
249 Posts
That doesn't sound good - I've never ordered from IndyOEM but I'm thinking about putting in an order, anyone else got some feedback on their dealings with Indy?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts