1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

Im torn between spendin 275 to hit infineon

or around the same for willows

anyone ever hit infineon how is the track? I heard willows big track was newly surfaced paved so it might be a super smooth ride, just 3 hours away so travel costs will be more,

Infineon is just an hour away I can sleep in my bed leave in the morning and be back in time to just chill and enjoy the events of the day,

Not sure if there are any rules about what org I will be with, but I would like reviews on them as well, if anyone has done a trackday with them, I will let the thread fill out before loading in the names, hahaha

thanks!!! as always flame if you must, haha

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Infineon over Willow Springs, easily. Infineon was an amazing track, I highly recommend it.

The layout is intense and the course is more classically designed like a sportscar course. Willow is too... but it's too big and wide to get some quick flicks in there. Infineon is my second favorite track i've been to, Laguna Seca being the first.

1. Laguna Seca
2. Infineon
3. Road Atlanta
4. Chuckwallah Valley
5. Miller Motorsports Park
6. Buttonwillow
7. Willow Springs
8. Vegas Intl.
9. Streets of Willow

I really want to see Thunderhill and Spring Mountain.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Infineon over Willow Springs, easily. Infineon was an amazing track, I highly recommend it.

The layout is intense and the course is more classically designed like a sportscar course. Willow is too... but it's too big and wide to get some quick flicks in there. Infineon is my second favorite track i've been to, Laguna Seca being the first.

1. Laguna Seca
2. Infineon
3. Road Atlanta
4. Chuckwallah Valley
6. Buttonwillow
7. Willow Springs
8. Vegas Intl.
9. Streets of Willow

Nice thanks bro,

Im definitely going to hit Laguna and willows, just doing my planning thank you for your insight!!!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
The course (Infineon) has number amounts of elevation changes through the course which adds a little more adrenaline. I had a blast when I did track days a few years back, can only imagine how fun it would be on a bike. And if you're into wine tasting and etc., you are in the perfect area to do that.

·
Registered
253 Posts

1. Laguna Seca
2. Infineon
3. Road Atlanta
4. Chuckwallah Valley
6. Buttonwillow
7. Willow Springs
8. Vegas Intl.
9. Streets of Willow

Definitely worth trying thunderhill man, you'll love it.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
go to thunderhill, its cheaper and an awesome track.

Thill is way about 3 hours from me so travel and lodging would make it just about as much as infineon,

THanks MACH, was that for just one set up or the whole day? I have watched some of Dave's videos and damn the man knows how to read a tire, hahaha,

Thanks again!!! Im def going to hit Willows and Thill this year before the end, just going to hit infineon first, hahah

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
good choice mang. i think youll like infineon better than big will.

infineon is on my wishlist for next season, most definitely!

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good choice mang. i think youll like infineon better than big will.

infineon is on my wishlist for next season, most definitely!

NICE!! yeah i still want to whore up BW, hah, when you hitting the trackski?

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
NICE!! yeah i still want to whore up BW, hah, when you hitting the trackski?
ill be at t-hill monday morning. theres an infineon td on aug 2nd. very tempting. wish i saw that earlier, i probably wouldve done that instead of t-hill. lol.
but then again im a t-hill enthusiast, love that track. so i dunno. :crackup:

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ill be at t-hill monday morning. theres an infineon td on aug 2nd. very tempting. wish i saw that earlier, i probably wouldve done that instead of t-hill. lol.
but then again im a t-hill enthusiast, love that track. so i dunno. :crackup:

haha, yeah I saw that one, and damn it my leg wont be ready, I still want to check out the repave at willow, so ill be around, just wondiering what i could do out there like, leather repair or something, hmmmmm???? hahha

Im gonna ride, but always good to have something to contribute...

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
what happened to your leg? didnt you just do a trackday?
hope you didnt have a get off on your bike.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah dude, I had a get off on my damn haro, haha, the truck was fully loaded for the damn track and people WANTED milk!!!! with their spaghetti, haha,

so I took the little bike and my dainese back pack, went to crank and the chain skips a tooth and came off sending me crashing into the pavement, bike crushed my leg something nice, I can still walk on it, I have to get a xray to make sure its not fractured, but its still stiff since saturday, ive been riding since tuesday, just short rides, but its hard to bring it up to the peg, DOH!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wow, that sucks. so you missed out on your trackday? did you get a refund or get credited?

what sucks even more was I was getting hooked up with that track day, so I lost out, :retard:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Gonna be doing Infineon for my first day soon. I can't wait.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts