Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the vortex rearsets for my 07 600rr but the instructions aren't clear on how to install the switch to allow for brakelight operation. I have the optional inline switch that 58cycle sends when you order the set. But the switch didn't come with Instructions and the vortex instructions don't cover the switch instillation. If anyone could help me out that would be great? Even just a pic of where it goes would be really helpful.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
inline switch?
is that like a pressure switch

the pressure switch replaces the banjo bolt on the master cylinder and wires into the oem harness where the old switch plugged into

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the steps but I'm a tard who needs pictures. If anyone upload a pic of a finished installed switch or if someone is about to install it could take pics of the steps that would be so helpful. If someone uploads a finished pic I'll upload pics of my install to help any other people with the same problem

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
the bolt that holds the brake line to the master cylinder gets thrown away.
the pressure switch takes it place.
then cut the plug off of the wiring harness that plugs into the oem brake switch.
and connect the pressure switch wires to the wiring harness.
look at this picture. the switch is as well as the wiring is pointed out

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
not a problem
just remember to either attach the wires after the pressure switch is in or go to radio shack and buy a two wire plug.
one side goes to the pressure switch, the other side goes to the main harness so you can unplug the switch later if needed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts