Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A thread in CBB inspired this: http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=204269

Whats the worst you've seen, as far as innattentive/distracted drivers go? Be it car, bike, bus, tractor-trailer (oh god those guys scare me), or anything else? Pics if you got em!

Just the other day I was following an eighty-something Chevy pickup and spotted the driver yakkin' on his phone. No surprise there. But then his OTHER hand comes into view with a f**kin' cheeseburger! Then who was drivin' this 4500+ lbs down the road? Needless to say I kept my distance.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i saw an 18 wheeler just run into a sign, he was turning and only paying half attention and just destroyed the sign. it was kinda hilarious to see
A few miles up the road from here an 18-wheeler drover straight through an old hotel, thankfully it wasn't in operation! The news paper said he had an aneurysm and blacked out, just went straight off the road around a slight right hand turn, i.e. through oncoming traffic!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I once saw someone doing about 15 mph under the limit, left lane on the highway. Apparently "road head" combined with laughing backseat passengers is very distracting.

·
BOTM Winner 03/13
3,143 Posts
There's a specific road traffic offence over here for using a mobile telecommunications device whilst driving. Despite that, I continue to see car, van and even lorry drivers on their mobile phones whilst driving all the time. I've seen people on their phone with the police behind them (blue lights on) just continue to drive and not notice that they are being pulled over. I've also seen someone driving out of the local Police station car park whilst using their mobile phone.

They're perhaps not quite distracted as such but we also have a lot of drink drivers here. Some obviously more drunk than others!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Just today while driving, a girl on her cell was half way out an exit and decided not to exit cutting off 2 cars to make it back to the hwy. I wanted to reach inside her window and slap the b*tch!

·
Registered
766 Posts
4-way stop sign. A driver with their puppy on their lap wasn't paying attention and it was their turn to go. The vehicle behind them honked their horn and made the driver with the puppy to jump on the gas. The driver almost hit a pedestrian on their bicycle.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Also, an oldie but a goodie from another thread regarding a driver opening their door in the middle of traffic ...

You know what that's horrible, but I actually did that the other day when i had to dump out some hot chocolate, but I heard the aftermarked exhaust just in time to pull my door back in! Sucked and scared me. Sometimes it's just an accident and you have to be hypervigilant for that sh!t.
:crackup: Sorry 08LVR but you're just too funny :shakehand

·
Registered
30 Posts
I used to work on the interstate as a inspector for construction, and one day my boss and I counted 18 wheelers that drove by and the drivers either texting or talking on the phone...saw 38 within the first 2 hours...they are everywhere

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I so want to ride up close and slap a big sticker on their cars....."I don't care, I am on the phone".

haha, i had an idea like this yesterday. I wonder how much it would cost to get a bumper sticker that says: Dumbass driving, im texting! :)

It pissed me off when people are texting or on their phone while driving. Especially when they are shitty drivers. I make sure when im in my car to cut them off and brake check them, just enough to the point where they freak out and almost hit me.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I always get annoyed when my girlfriend picked up her phone calls or texted. I told her what if some motorcycle ride next to you and you're too busy reading your "oh so important" text? She put it down and gave me the cold face. Damn, it's good to be right.

Yes, California is in deficit and there are more texters and speeders. If cops change their focus, I'm sure they'll exceed their monthly quotas.

·
Super Moderator
2,396 Posts
The best is when the douche bag is talking/texting on their phone and they don't pay attention and come over into your lane. Then when you honk at them they get pissed and act like you did something wrong.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Sooo i almost got hit today.

Guess what!!! They were on their phone!

Some dumb ass pulled out from the turning lane and pulled inti the far lane. Damn good thing i had my hand on the brake lever.

Stupid drivers on the road. Always look for 2 ways out.

·
Registered
882 Posts
how about talking on the cell phone and reading directions at the same time. Lady pulled up beside me on the highway, reading some map quest ish with the phone 2 her ear.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
how about talking on the cell phone and reading directions at the same time. Lady pulled up beside me on the highway, reading some map quest ish with the phone 2 her ear.

I was driving in my car next to this pretty hot girl. Well, she was a dumb ass, phone in one hand to her ear, moving her hand as she was talking with the other.

Yeah, she was good looking and all. But i wanna know who the hell was driving?!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Was at a stop going left and the right lane veered off with a curb thing between the two lanes and don't even know wtf happened but this car coming off the freeway slammed on their brakes went over the curb stop thing right into 3 lane traffic and into another curb it was crazy **** lol, people need to learn how to drive.

·
0 Posts
Also, an oldie but a goodie from another thread regarding a driver opening their door in the middle of traffic ...

:crackup: Sorry 08LVR but you're just too funny :shakehand

grrrrrr. anyhoo....I see teenagers texting and driving, holding the phone in the middle of the steering wheel and texting like probably 80 wpm! I kinda marvel at the talent, while at the same time getting as far away as possible.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts