Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys...

I need some of y'all's opinions about a decision I cannot make...

So, I found a 2008 600RR. She has 20,000, a TOCE slip on, FE, flush mounts, a double-bubble...I would say in very good shape as there a a few dings on the fairings, but nothing indicating it's been dropped or crashed.

I know the owner of the shop where the bike is for sale and believe what he had told me about knowing the previous owner and that it has been taken care of.

The valves got adjusted at 14,000 miles...has Q3's on it that maybe have 500 miles.

The asking price is $5900, I offered $5600 (just thinking out loud as we were talking) and he said he could do that.

My only concern is the mileage. Taking into consideration the philosophy that if she has been maintained well (which I believe to be true) then mileage shouldn't matter. However I just want to be right with my price...

What would you guys suggest to pay for this thing?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Seems kind of pricey for that year w that mileage. Got my 08 gsxr w full yosh exhaust and 3000 miles for less

·
Registered
803 Posts
I'd have a search on Craigslist to see what sellers are asking for their 2008's in your state and neighboring states.

I feel it was a given that your offer of $5,600 would be accepted since it's only $300 less than the asking... But hey, it's always worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Location matters a large amount. The miles don't scare me, but that's like a $3500 bike here in phoenix. We have a ton of bike available vs other locations where I'm sure they run higher in price.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I can't see paying that much for an 08 bike with visible damage on it unless that is the normal price point for your location.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot for all of you guys' input...

I kept thinking to myself that the $5600 I offered was a bit too much. I'm selling my 2008 R6 right now as well, and I don't want too much more than that. My bike has half the miles and a lot of extras on it...

I may just keep looking around, or make a lower offer. My offer was just throwing a number out there to him, so it's not really set in stone.

However, I would like to find one with lower mileage on it...

·
Registered
803 Posts
Thanks a lot for all of you guys' input...

I kept thinking to myself that the $5600 I offered was a bit too much. I'm selling my 2008 R6 right now as well, and I don't want too much more than that. My bike has half the miles and a lot of extras on it...

I may just keep looking around, or make a lower offer. My offer was just throwing a number out there to him, so it's not really set in stone.

However, I would like to find one with lower mileage on it...
Don't want to keep the R6 since you already got it made right there?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't want to keep the R6 since you already got it made right there?
I wish I could, however I'm quite in the position to be accumulating bikes just yet.

I had an 07 GSXR 600 before this bike. I always wanted an R6 because to me it's the best looking sportbike out there...

However...I just couldn't get myself to come to like the riding position of the R6 when I was shopping for my first one; hence the Gixxer being bought.

As my riding has progressed and my comfort/confidence with hanging off the bike has come along, I felt that the R6 was now in order after I crashed the Gixxer at my last track day. I felt like I was ready for the more on-top riding position...

After 2 months with her, I don't feel near as confident on the R6 as I did the Gixxer. Sitting lower inside the bike gave me more of a feeling of control...so this is why I'm going for the CBR now. They look way better than a Gix, plus it's the perfect seating position between the Gix and R6 as I feel you sit right in between where these bikes place you...

She's a beauty too...put a lot of work into her:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Check the master cylinder for leakage, clutch lever, exhaust conditions. Those are among the thirst things to get damaged on a 600RR crash and less likely to be replaced (fairings must be replaced or else it would be too obvious).

For a 2008 bike I would not pay more than retail minus $1,000 as risk of transaction/bike state insurance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts