Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is going i am going to have a power commander installed on my 06 600rr it has a jardine s/o and a kn air filter he is going to map it for that what kind of gains should i expect also does anyone know of a tuner near bakersfield california. Thanks alot

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
You can pretty much consider yourself the king of the road after that! you'll be pushing like 300hp at the crank E.Z. and demolishing chromed out 1300's all dayz long!!!11

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can pretty much consider yourself the king of the road after that! you'll be pushing like 300hp at the crank E.Z. and demolishing chromed out 1300's all dayz long!!!11
sweet i cant wait but for real if you have one or know about them i would appreciate some info not smart a$$ remarks there clingy

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
under 110 but more than 105 at the wheels.
what matters is how your power curve looks tho.

If you gain 4hp at the max, but throughout you gained like 8ft-lb of torque and like 6 -8 hp in the midrange, and a noticeably smoother curve and stronger bottom end, then its all worth it.
If it follows the stock curve and gains 10hp at the top, then its a waste of time since its not a race bike, as you will rarely get to use this power.

·
Registered
322 Posts
How is going i am going to have a power commander installed on my 06 600rr it has a jardine s/o and a kn air filter he is going to map it for that what kind of gains should i expect also does anyone know of a tuner near bakersfield california. Thanks alot
not much, if any.. until you get it tuned.. just changes the powerband a little.. I tried 20 different shelf maps, they all sucked.. i got the best one i could get til i could get a custom one..

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yeah, what snik said. Driveabiliy is noticably improved. Not a world of difference but definately better. What's cool is that it'll run better in the midrange. Where you're riding normally on the street. Don't expect much of an improvent unless you get it cutom mapped, though.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys im definately getting it i appreciate your replies does anyone know of a tuner near bakersfield or fresno or the la area? Also how much is a custom map usually run?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Mine was $250. Dynojet has a list of certified tuners on their website. Take a look.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
321 Posts
i have a yoshi Rs5 and it isnt mapped, you can smell the exhaust (rich) i may get a power commander but i dont want to open up a new can of worms...

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
i have a yoshi Rs5 and it isnt mapped, you can smell the exhaust (rich) i may get a power commander but i dont want to open up a new can of worms...
the only think youd be opening up is a plastic package with the PCIII in it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and some wires they may look like worms though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts