Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever have there inspection sticker blow off going down the highway? One or two things happen; I drove the bike to the mall once and left it outside for about 20 mins. One, someone ripped it off or two it blew off going down the highway. It was on the lower part of the forks, you can see that some of it was left behind. Not parts of it but when it rip the backing of it, like specks. I mean no big deal; the place I bought it said they would put another one on for free. I was thinking about asking them to put it on the upper part of the forks this time, the surface is different up there and it looks like it would stick better. My cousin just bought a bike and that’s where they had his.

Jason

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HRC600RR said:
Trust me when I say it did not blow off...........unless they oiled it before they put it on!! I'm guessing.............theft. Assholes!!!!!
Bastards! I don't even live in a bad area at all. Well at least they did not key the bike or knock it over. The dealer said he heard of pressure washers knocking them off but not so much flying off. Oh well, at least he was cool about it. Guess it does help to buy your bike local.

So what’s your call? Lower or upper on the forks, upper seems better to me but maybe it really doesn’t matter.?.

Jason

·
Registered
931 Posts
i always put mine on the upper. looks better its not as visable.[ cops might give you a hard time but funk them cause its legal. well at least in NY

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mine DID blow off on the highway. It was missing when I got home that night. It was parked inside my armory all day so I know it wasn't stolen.

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
monkey said:
Mine DID blow off on the highway. It was missing when I got home that night. It was parked inside my armory all day so I know it wasn't stolen.
I honestly thought it blew off but who the hell knows these days. I just figure get another one put on there and up high on the forks. I think there is no way in hell its gonna blow off there (if that was the case).

Jason

·
Registered
255 Posts
Inspection........Whats that? he he he

1 - 13 of 13 Posts