Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 03 RR without a fairing kit and have never delt with removing or installing them before.
Im looking for advice and tips on how to start installing them. What goes on first and what's the best way to get them to fit correctly?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well really all I can say to do is get the right tools and take picures as you go along. Thats pretty much what I did.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am doing mine now, do not have pictures yet, but I am doing the whole thing and can tell you that I started in this order:
- Tank
-Tail section
- Ram air covers
- Front Fairing with headlight, only thing that whole that piece is the metal bracket and the screws that hold the mirrors.
- Mid fairings
- and last the bottoms.
That should have you cover, if you do not have the proper screws, you may get them at homedepot.

To get them to fit correctly, trial and error, I would say that the most painful part was the tail, since when you place back in, or off you feel that you are gonna break it.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
+1 to all the above posts.

dont worry, just take your time and you'll figure it out.

slow and gentle pressure for the tail, its true, you feel like its gonna break when you put it on
good luck

·
Registered
167 Posts
Does anybody know where to get low priced but good fairings for an 03 CBR600rr? I really only need my bottom left one but 1) It's real hard to find just one fairing, and 2) If i can get a new set cheap I dont see the harm in replacing them all and making the bike look that much better.

Any feedback would be awesome, thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
So has anyone ever actually broken a tail when putting it back on? I have to install mine and that's my fear (mine is Armour Bodies for an 05). Any tips/tricks appreciated!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Does anybody know where to get low priced but good fairings for an 03 CBR600rr? I really only need my bottom left one but 1) It's real hard to find just one fairing, and 2) If i can get a new set cheap I dont see the harm in replacing them all and making the bike look that much better.

Any feedback would be awesome, thanks!
check out auctmarts.com i just put my new fairings on from them. fit was great!

OP dont do the front end the long way. there are 2 big bolts that hold the upper stay to the frame directly below your handlebars, undo thoes first and get your console connected to the new upper. fairing instal is pretty easy

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
So has anyone ever actually broken a tail when putting it back on? I have to install mine and that's my fear (mine is Armour Bodies for an 05). Any tips/tricks appreciated!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
i thought i was gonna break mine but i just slowly played with it and kept re-adjusting/re-doing it till it fit. kinda just trial and error. the plastic and flexible so use it like it is but dont bend it too much.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i thought i was gonna break mine but i just slowly played with it and kept re-adjusting/re-doing it till it fit. kinda just trial and error. the plastic and flexible so use it like it is but dont bend it too much.
Thanks. Mine went on nice and easy. A buddy who works at a shop suggested starting with the right side and then gently stretching it over the left; don't know if there's any real merit to that but it worked fine. Just a little easy coaxing and it was done.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thanks. Mine went on nice and easy. A buddy who works at a shop suggested starting with the right side and then gently stretching it over the left; don't know if there's any real merit to that but it worked fine. Just a little easy coaxing and it was done.
Understanding this is an old thread but just wanted to confirm that this method also worked well for me. One thing I did though was move the bike and the rear cowl out into the sun and let it warm up for a bit first. The direct sunlight makes the plastic a little more pliable. Be sure to have connected and routed your brake light first.

Re-removal also works well this way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts