Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here and only recently joined the 600rr club but am loving every minute of it.

the question is about my recent exhaust install. i put an Arata slip on onto the bike and on my friends 06 he had to cut the undertail heat shield to make it look like it was not there but still protect the "trunk" from excessive exhaust heat. well on my 04 the arata had no bolt holes to reconnect the heat shield, cut or uncut, so i dont have any heat shield under the tail or by the rear brake set...is that normal?

thanks

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I have no heat shields anywhere around the can or mid-pipe, and I've had no problems. And that's in the middle of the summer in south TX, so you know you should be alright. The titanium dissipates heat a lot better than the stock stainless exhaust.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Aftermarket pipes run way cooler than stock ones. I don't have heat shields anywhere on my bike and I have a stock pipe. No problems at all.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Heat Shields? Threw Those Away A Long Time Ago......

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
efinit said:
I have no heat shields anywhere around the can or mid-pipe, and I've had no problems. And that's in the middle of the summer in south TX, so you know you should be alright. The titanium dissipates heat a lot better than the stock stainless exhaust.
+1. Take all the shields off. It won't hurt a thing.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
CBR/LS1 said:
+1. Take all the shields off. It won't hurt a thing.
heat shield won't hurt a thing..... EXCEPT if you carry any EZPASS type devices for tolls...the prolonged heat messes up the unit.

·
11,188 Posts
SLAPS808 said:
whats a heat shield? :dontknow: :icon_lol:
Use the search noobie.

·
11,188 Posts
dozadj said:
ahhh damn, no he didn't. hahahaaaa
Ohh yes I did. haha

·
11,188 Posts
SLAPS808 said:
he sure did. lol.
but search is my friend. i dont use and abuse my friends.
I see I see.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Heat shields are cool.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i thought it would be okay since there was no real way of putting them back anyways. so thanks just needed a little reassurance

1 - 19 of 19 Posts