Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so i installed a new exhaust. Upon test ride i notice that the bike lags everywhere. Off idle and all the way up to the higher RPMs. I guess after 10k RPMS is where it really kicks but since the bottom end lags so damn much its hard to tell if theres any gains at all or if it just feels quicker cause the lower end was lagging. Coming out of lower speed corners in a higher gear cruising around town, if i get on the gas a little it just falls on its face. Thats how bad it is.

I was planning on getting the bike tuned on the Dyno but im begining to feel the exhaust is worthless. Is it normal for the bike to lose power when you install an exhaust before you tune the thing?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
My guess is you are running lean and you need a PC3 to smooth the curve back up and get some more fuel to match the better flow. I will let someone else either confirm or smash my guess though.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Slip-on or Full?.. How many miles are on your bike as well?+

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
It's not leaking at all right?

+1 for PC3!
Yeah....I saw another one of his post and he mentioned a Moriwaki Full titanium exhaust was on its way.. Your going to need to get it mapped especially since its a full exhaust..

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes its a full exhaust. i've noticed on the forum that people install a full exhaust without a PCIII and there may be some backfiring and minor drivability issues but i've never seen an issue with the bike bogging down.

·
Registered
886 Posts
are you sure your exhaust is a genuine moriwaki exhaust? i've seen your for sale pics and the exhaust looks whacked out...not trying to be mean or anything, just an honest observation that every moriwaki exhaust i've seen pics of look nothing like yours...at all.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK its not the exhaust, it was a matter of uploading a map temporarily until i get the custom tune a week from now.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
You can try and disconnect the battery for a couple of minutes to reset your sensors then go out for a ride...T

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
even after i uploaded the map? thanks.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts