Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought my 06 rr years ago and it came with some flushmount rear signals. The other day a bulb died so I thought it would be a good time to get LEDs. Bought some K&S signals. I installed them this morning and now when I turn on my signals... NOTHING. No light on my dash console, fronts don't work, back don't work. I used the leads that were from the old signals and connected them back exactly as they were. I also used shrink tubing to cover the wires where I connected them. One more thing... I have the Scorpio i900. The front signals flash when the alarms turns on. But the back do not. THOUGHTS???? I can't ride until my signals work.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Are you sure you didn't get the wiring mixed up? And I think when you switch to led's you'd also need resistor to keep the led's from blinking to fast. If I were you I'd install the old signal first (whichever side that still working) and than check on the wiring on the new signals.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am certain the wiring is correct. And I am not concerned about fast flashing. I just want them to work.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok... so I am new to all of this. Is it a coincidence that the relay went the same time I try to change to LEDs? Or is it because I didn't have LEDs before that I need a new relay? I don't really get it. Are there any videos or links to show a step by step on how to do this? Yesterday, I bought K&S In-line resistor... is that what I need?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I just bought my relay from tripage. But you can do in line resistors also. Do a Google on it. There's pictures out there to show you how to do it

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is not going to work for me...

I am going to have to take it to someone... I am just not good at this stuff and I do not want to waste my day on it.

Thanks everyone for your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts