Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
What was the result of rolling the bike in the garage and seeing how much pressure you need to stop the bike and where in the brake lever travel does the bike stop? Just because you can squeeze it hard and get it to touch doesn't mean you have a problem, on the street at speed with that level of force you could be locking up your front end. however if it takes you that much force and travel to even slow the bike down then yes you have a problem. Until you're able to ride the bike or even get it rolling at a decent pace and slightly apply the brakes to see where in the travel the bike begins to stop and how much pressure is required to do so will you know if your perceived problem translates to an actual issue
i have a big shed, so i did a little test run in there, brake fine but im worried that there is some air in the system and when the brake get really hot that they start to fail

·
Registered
2018 S1000RR Blue/White/Carbon 2015 R3 Red/White 2006 CBR600RR (blacked out)
36 Posts
i have a big shed, so i did a little test run in there, brake fine but im worried that there is some air in the system and when the brake get really hot that they start to fail
when you brakes get hot you'll likely suffer brake fade which would be from heat buildup in the pads. I know you're concerned and have a legitimate cause but until you can ride around the block or a parking lot and really see how they feel you'll not know if there could be an issue. Try to put it off your mind until you can get out and ride the bike a bit and form an opinion when you've got a bit more speed to scrub off and can gauge how responsive the brakes are or arent at that time. Again a parking lot would be ideal for this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
when you brakes get hot you'll likely suffer brake fade which would be from heat buildup in the pads. I know you're concerned and have a legitimate cause but until you can ride around the block or a parking lot and really see how they feel you'll not know if there could be an issue. Try to put it off your mind until you can get out and ride the bike a bit and form an opinion when you've got a bit more speed to scrub off and can gauge how responsive the brakes are or arent at that time. Again a parking lot would be ideal for this.
yes i know! never had brakepad fading yet, if you do you can also smell it immediately haha, probs going for a spin this weekend! btw i was wondering, if the mastercilinder leaks internally wouldnt the pressure you feel in the brakelever start to fade away? because the fluid leaks back to the reservoir?

·
Registered
2018 S1000RR Blue/White/Carbon 2015 R3 Red/White 2006 CBR600RR (blacked out)
36 Posts
yes i know! never had brakepad fading yet, if you do you can also smell it immediately haha, probs going for a spin this weekend! btw i was wondering, if the mastercilinder leaks internally wouldnt the pressure you feel in the brakelever start to fade away? because the fluid leaks back to the reservoir?
100% you would feel pressure build then drop away fast or slow depending how severe the leak is. It would be there all the time and not intermittent. You will feel pressure build and then the lever get soft and then sink the rest of the way. If the leak is bad enough there would be no pressure build.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
100% you would feel pressure build then drop away fast or slow depending how severe the leak is. It would be there all the time and not intermittent. You will feel pressure build and then the lever get soft and then sink the rest of the way. If the leak is bad enough there would be no pressure build.
I thought so! Well than my mastercilinder is ok! Because i cant feel any pressure slip away

41 - 45 of 45 Posts