Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took my jardine pipe off to sand it and while putting it back i wondered if i could get away with just putting it on without the rear clamp. the two springs seem pretty tight and i just thought it looked a lot cleaner with out the clamp around the pipe. does anyone run their exhaust just using the springs to hold it?

·
Registered
965 Posts
I assume your talking about the clamp under the tail? If so Id say no.. You dont want the kind of flex it would cause in the pipe while riding..

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i was talking about the clamp under the tail.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Thought so... My advice, dont to it. It will begin to sag from the weight of the can on the end of the pipe as well as most likely create an exhaust leak at the modpipe if it flexs too much.

·
Registered
72 Posts
im not using the clamp on my rt1. i hated the way it looked with the clamp also n wanted to hug it closer to the tail.

i used the little bracket off the upper heatshield. i drilled out the rivets, lined the bracket up on top of my muffler n marked the bracket out on my muffler. i then drilled 2 holes n riveted the bracket to my muffler. where it gets screwed in is the half moon shaped plastic section under the rear seat. i found that the plastic isnt strong enough to bear the weight n movement of the exhaust. i took a piece of sheet metal i had n cut it to the half moon shape, drilled a hole in the center where the bracket is underneath n bolted it up. i have yet to have any problems with leakage, movement, and/or breakage. ill snap some pics later of what i did so u have a better idea.

safe riding

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
If you pull off that bolt you will get some vibration when you are riding...I made my Two bros mount like the Jardine to clean it up... Jardine has the cleanest mount stick with it...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tripage, i dont understand what you did. it appears as if you are not using the clamp in your pic. it looks nice!

homegrown, your idea sounds good. i would really appreciate some pics on this thread when you get a chance.

thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Take your jardine clamp and where they bolt at the top cut off both sides in the shape of an "L".... Bolt those into the spot and line up the exhaust where you want it.. Mark the edges and drill holes into the "L" and into the can.. Rivet the "L" into the can and bolt it back on.....T

1 - 9 of 9 Posts