Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all
Just new to the forum, I don't really like having my first post as a question but i kinda need the info so here goes:

Ive just purchased a leo vince slip on for my 05 600rr.

Ive removed all relevant fairings/bolts but im having trouble 'disconnecting' the actual exhaust tube, its no longer bolted to the barrel clamp, it just doesnt seem to pull off easily is all.

Just wondering if there's a trick to it?

thanks.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
i know on the 04 there is a bolt going through the subframe. make sure its removed.

·
Registered
182 Posts
when i changed mine....

i also have an 05.... when i changed my exhaust i found that you need to unbolt the header pipe towards where the two pipes meet going out the back. have someone help you pull the headers down where the bolt came out and you need to yank on the upper pipe untill you can get them apart. it's a bit of a bitch but just have patients and you will get......
lots of prying is the trick

·
Registered
397 Posts
I did mine yesterday. Just took a screwdriver and lifted the tabs a bit on the stock midpipe. Then shake the $hit out of it! Be careful not to damage the stock gasket on the collector. Or shear the bolt on the stock exhaust clamp, thats what i did, now I'm using a 2" hose clamp till monday!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I used the ancient chinese secret of the flat head screw driver and hammer. A few taps in the upward direction around the connection and she'll loosen up like a $10 hooker. Slip her off, take the original gasket off, which also might need a few good taps with the driver and hammer, slip your new gasket on, the exhaust, all the hardware and fairings, and fire it up...you'll be out riding in a half hour if all goes well.

·
Registered
428 Posts
i have an 05 as well and my exhaust fell right off, maybe a little pulling and movement..i didnt need any tools to pry or bang that exhaust was butter to r&r

·
Registered
194 Posts
rickrr you'll luv that pipe man. i just got the cf slip on for my 05 rr. sounds aaawwweeesoomee. not too loud yet not too soft. just perfect

·
Registered
736 Posts
You will still need your stock gasket but be carefull it can become damaged very easily. if you damage it go get a new one from your local stealership. it is important to have a good gasket or you will be a leaking sob.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lilguns said:
You will still need your stock gasket but be carefull it can become damaged very easily. if you damage it go get a new one from your local stealership. it is important to have a good gasket or you will be a leaking sob.
thanks, and yes i damaged the gasket :sad11: so ill be off tomorrow to get a new one, guess its gonna be another day without the bike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts