Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, newbie here and I recently purchased a cheap 600rr that I'm fixing up and I'm coming up on some weird, non-conventional mods that I'm curious if anyone can help me understand what happened here.

The previous owner had cut-style sliders installed that have since been removed. I think the bike was dropped, so they removed the damaged sliders and attempted to return this to "stock".

I purchased the Shogun cut-kit to fill this glaring hole in the faring, but when I removed the engine bolt, down dropped a nut and washer (?!?!) from the inner-part of the bike. Now, I'm a newbie to the 600rr but shouldn't the engine bolt screw directly into the engine?

Also, the bolt appears to have electrical tape all over it, presumably for a non-OEM smaller bolt to "fit" properly.

I guess what I need to know here is whether I'm dealing with some Frankenstein setup because the previous owner stripped the engine threads? Pic:

Pray for me, guys. I got this thing for a bit of a steal, knowing I'd find some things like this... but this is just shoddy workmanship.

How would you recommend going about fixing this? Does anyone have the specs on the OEM bolt? Ugh...

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
Yup, confirmed. Idiot drilled them out or stripped them. Both sides. Wowzers. That's a new kind of stupid.

I guess I'll be finding some new bolts. Might toss a lock washer on there 馃槅

Premium Member
You should look up the parts fiche from most online dealers, find your bike and the part number is easy to look up. Looks like a 12x60 flange head bolt 96400-12060-00 and collar 50194-mfj-d00
You won鈥檛 be able to install the factory bolt unless you install a threaded insert, one that size would be expensive and require a large tap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts