Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing my new exhaust and everything is going smoothly until it comes time to pull the old exhaust off. Everything is loose and I've got it to pull off the mid-pipe a bit but it won't come all the way off. Help!

·
Registered
94 Posts
if you loosened the stock exhaust clamp then make sure that the other bolts that also hold the heat shield and the exhaust have been loosened on the right side. Then just YANK, TWIST, HIT the stock exhaust and it will come out trust me!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I didn't know the heat shield had to be loose yet. Once I loosened it, everything came off no problem. But, I f**ked up the gasket so I gotta wait until Tuesday to get a new one. Oh well.

·
Ride Red
2,041 Posts
Thanks. I didn't know the heat shield had to be loose yet. Once I loosened it, everything came off no problem. But, I f**ked up the gasket so I gotta wait until Tuesday to get a new one. Oh well.
DUDE THEY ARE MAD EXPENSIVE! $21.36 from the dealer! I damn near **** myself when the guy told me. There has to be a cheaper version somewhere.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
i would have suggested drinking. but it looks like i was to late. However good luck getting the other part

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
let the bike warm up a little bit, and just tug pull yank twist....it will eventually come off.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I just ordered that gasket yesterday from BikeBandit for $18.98 shipping included.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If the gasket wasnt damaged too bad, You can flatten the edges of it back out and make sure it doesnt have any tears or holes in it and fit it back onto the pipe. The gasket was the pain in the a** when i put my Yoshi on!!
The danm thing is soft! It is easy to screw that thing up!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah I just put mine on last night. I about jacked it up myself. I'm really glad that I didn't. I would have done changed my pants!! But I had the old one off and the Yoshi on within 45 mins. I thought it was cake.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I remember mine just came right off, no problems. Just a little bit of manuevering. Took about 30 mins for removal and installation.

·
Registered
564 Posts
mine was a bit of a struggle, just take more parts off, e.g. exhaust heat shield etc, and allow more room to twist it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts