Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I would just like to say hi and ask a question reguarding my bike. I just bought a 2003 600RR, and I tried to set the clock and I couldn't get it to work, but then I noticed even if I just try to switch from A to B tripmeter, it doesn't work either. So basically neither of my two instrument cluster buttons are working. I have searched all over and come to no prevail. Anybody have this problem or know what i'm talking about? I sure hope its not an expensive fix considering I JUST bought the bike. Thanks in advance!

-Mark

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
03 defect, gauge buttons are not glued on properly and will fall off the connections.
2 options.
1 pull the front fairing and the cluster take off the lens and glue the white buttons back on, on the inside.
2 Wait till noon tomorrow and disconnect your battery and reattach. Clock is fixed..

Basically depends how much you are going to use your trip button.. If your not, just do the battery method..

Later. T

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want this done right so I think I am going to take it apart and glue them in. Can anyone give me a bit better description of exactly what needs to be done. What needs to come off, how to do it, etc?

Thanks,
Mark

·
S VEEEEEEEEEEEEE Thrasher
2,160 Posts
M3Man said:
I want this done right so I think I am going to take it apart and glue them in. Can anyone give me a bit better description of exactly what needs to be done. What needs to come off, how to do it, etc?

Thanks,
Mark
+1 i have the same problem. i used to always reset the mileage when i put gas. now i have ignored it. it would be nice to have that option again.

thanks

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
thanks Marshall for this write up
If your going to do it do it right by removing the front fairing and taking off the dash.It's really easy. You don't even have to take the front fairing off totally, just enought to get behind the cluster and unscrew the 3 screws. Take the screws out around the back sideof the cluster, there is like 6 and it should pull apart. Your going to find 2 white pieces of plastic, 1 was floating around and glue it back into place. Real easy. once you look at it you will know what I'm talking about. Only works one way.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Be very careful gluing them down though. I ended up hosing mine all up by accidentally gluing the white standoff to the switch itself so the it was totally useless. I had to buy a junked cluster off of ebay to salvage the switches from it.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Ajax said:
Be very careful gluing them down though. I ended up hosing mine all up by accidentally gluing the white standoff to the switch itself so the it was totally useless. I had to buy a junked cluster off of ebay to salvage the switches from it.
Use silicone caulk instead of super-glue if you want. It's a little more forgiving. That's what my dealer did to mine and it's held up fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts