Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Would you salvage buy back a 06 600rr with under 8000 miles that just needs a new upper cowl and a a sand and touch up on the tail? Insurance is going to total it due to a bloated stealership estimate. The dealership said the frame is good, but just got greedy and wrote everything that had a scratch.

Actually you could just buy some motofansclub fairings for 550 shipped and the bike would be better than new. They are offering 1700 for the buy back. So for 2250 you could have a perfect salvage bike. You think it is worth it?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah it's just a new fairing set that is needed. Not even the whole set. But it would be easier to just buy an after market set so it would all match and I would not have to deal with paint. I know it all lines up because the rashed fairings were taking off to look at the frame and put back on and they all lined up perfect. But that is oem fairings. Motosfansclub may be a whole different story. But i guess they need some fab no matter what so it should not be that big of a deal.

·
Registered
143 Posts
dang where'd you find that?
i might be into getting something like that, could you PM me info if you don't mind so i can ask this dealer if he's got more? thanks

Ernest

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not a dealer. It's straight from the insurance company. I know the guy who's bike it is and the offer is for him, but he just wants the money. So I could just pay him to buy it back. The original owner always has first crack to buy it back.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If everything is in working order and the only damage is cosmetics, then you got yourself a hell of a deal. Buy it back.

I was in the same position and bought back my bike from insurance company. I've just ordered a set of fairings from motofansclub and waiting for it to arrive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts