Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the insurance considers your bike totaled and you have the bike in your posession. Do they just cut you a check in what they think it's worth at the present year and you get to keep the bike? Or do they take that away from you?

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
one more point you wont be able to register the bike if you buy it back as salvage two options if you buy it make it a track bike or sell it as salvage or sell it as parts

·
Registered
63 Posts
one more point you wont be able to register the bike if you buy it back as salvage two options if you buy it make it a track bike or sell it as salvage or sell it as parts
Thats not always true. It depends on state laws. Here in Tennessee motorcycles are exempt from salvage laws so check with your insurance company, they should be able to tell you if it would have a salvage title. I would definately recommend buying the bike back though and either parting it out or just selling it outright on ebay. I did that with a bike of mine that got totaled and ended up getting more out of the insurance settlement and the guy that bought it off ebay than a paid for it originally. You would be surprised how many people fix bikes and resell them for a living. Good luck man.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts