Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Deeze
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend that is an agent for County sent me this....He think they are not the only company that will do this and it will be industry wide.

I just received a notice in the mail today that they are making an amendment to our policies regarding using vehicles on a track.
Section 1 liability-exclusions

Section 2 uninsured-underinsured

Section 3 medical payments

Section 4 Physical damage-exclusions

In all of the above sections, the exclusion pertaining to racing and similar activities has been revised. Your policy now excludes coverage for any vehicle used at a track or course designed or used for racing or high performance driving.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
So what is new if you wreck at the track you are on your own
when it comes to repairs its always been like that

N

·
0 Posts
Some ins. companies have been known to cover track event accidents. So, I would think this is more for them then for those that don't.

·
Deeze
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, if you crashed on the track and it wasn't a "Race" then it was covered. one of the guys that went with me to my last track day wrecked his 07 gxsr 750 and he got a check for it being totaled. This changes that.

Honestly I don't know why they would of covered it before. It is off road use.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Intresting to know that i always was under the impression
that track riding wrecks are not covered regradless of what
were you doing at the track ( Racing , track day , or taking a class )

·
Whore Police
16,493 Posts
Intresting to know that i always was under the impression
that track riding wrecks are not covered regradless of what
were you doing at the track ( Racing , track day , or taking a class )
I have my bike covered by USAA. I have asked a number of times about this and have been told every time that so long as I am not in a actually in a "race " I am covered. Now that's USAA and doesn't mean that many other companies do the same.

I hope that the change in policy up top doesn't include USAA... That would suck...

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Moe, my Ins Co. will cover track ONLY If It is a track day that has the class with it, Example when I go to the track I will be tacking a 2 day course and the first day I learn all I guess the do's and dont's then the 2nd day I race in a novice class race "If I want to" or I get to just run It with others ect but obtain racer license at the end of day, Out-side of that, I am the same as the rest "On my own"
Cheers

So what is new if you wreck at the track you are on your own
when it comes to repairs its always been like that

·
Deeze
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no matter what your insurance companies have done in the past, I posted this to let you know you may not be covered for the upcoming year. I would contact your agent again to have him look into it before counting on getting a check if you crash at the track. My friend thinks that this is going to be the industry standard. He says insurance companies usually don't make moves like this alone.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
My company (State Farm) has stipulated that as long as it's not a "timed" event then I'm covered. But it's good for everyone to be aware that their company may not cover them and to find out.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Soup Nazi....

"No Soup For you!"

My company (State Farm) has stipulated that as long as it's not a "timed" event then I'm covered. But it's good for everyone to be aware that their company may not cover them and to find out.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
That Is REALLY cutting it close. I would never do it that way. I am sure there are other ways..

Not that I would do this but couldn't you just claim someone stole your bike when you do crash it at the track?

·
Registered
928 Posts
How are you guys insured with USAA? I got 'em for my cars.
I tried them when I got my bike and they referred me to Progressive, who by the way, wanted $4000 for six months of coverage...
If you don't already have USAA insuring a motorcycle they will refer you to Progressive but the price is typically better that going to Progressive directly. I'm surprised your quote was so high. Mine was about 25% of that. But it may be because I'm old as dirt and don't have anything on my driving record.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Man even with a couple tickets on my record State Farm quoted me 350 a year. I am thinking I should buy it but insurance isn't mandatory where I live.

·
Registered
428 Posts
If anything say it happened on the road ... lol = )

1 - 20 of 25 Posts