Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... i have an 07, which i financed so i run full coverage.

Heres the difference in quotes i recieved full coverage, $1000 deductable, theft insurance....the whole ball of wax

Geico - $4008/yr - $334/mo
Dairyland - $2016/yr - $168.00/mo
StateFarm - $308/yr - $25.66/mo :five:

Just wanted to show some of you the difference getting multiple quotes can make.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts

Heres the difference in quotes i recieved full coverage, $1000 deductable, theft insurance....the whole ball of wax

Just wanted to show some of you the difference getting multiple quotes can make.
hahahaha ya.. so if u need help deciding which one to go with let me know, i think the dairyland is best deal for ur money!!!! hahahahaha F that

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I simply find it amazing that there is that much of a difference on the exact same policy.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Wow... i just got some quotes a couple of weeks ago...

Geico -5k
Progressive - 8k
Statefarm - ? i didnt even call cause i got so depressed, but im for sure calling them once i get my funds right.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Wow... i just got some quotes a couple of weeks ago...

Geico -5k
Progressive - 8k
Statefarm - ? i didnt even call cause i got so depressed, but im for sure calling them once i get my funds right.
uh ya, if u woulda searched for insurance cost or somehting like that u woulda found out that state farm is most always the cheapest!!!!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts

First off I have an 07RR just like you,, I am with statefarm justlike you, I insure my car with statefarm probably just like you,,, But I pay $2400 per year..

But I am 23 years old and I have one previous speeding ticket, and my M2 license.

So my questions , Why is your's so cheep? Your age? any tickets? Full M license?

·
Registered
58 Posts
+1

I had the same quotes as V-Tec. I was about to give up before I found State Farm blew the others out of the water. If it wasn't for them I'd still be rollin' on 4 wheels...

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
+1

I had the same quotes as V-Tec. I was about to give up before I found State Farm blew the others out of the water. If it wasn't for them I'd still be rollin' on 4 wheels...

So you are paying 2400 too... what is your age, record and such like?

Just interested to see if statefarm is consistant with their quotes or if maybe people in different areas are getting better quotes than others

·
Registered
235 Posts
uh ya, if u woulda searched for insurance cost or somehting like that u woulda found out that state farm is most always the cheapest!!!!
Heres the thing, i did read other posts but i actually called today and the lady said "in order to recieve full coverage from state-farm you must have your car insured with us as well". This is a problem since my car is under my dads plan... sooo no statefarm, unless i go just liability which i might do

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
And some of the quotes I got from other insurance companies were outragouse

ie/ can't remember the company but they wanted 8000 up front for the whole year for minimum insurance,,, there was no way I was going to pay for two motorcycles and only get one LOL I wish I had two bikes ,, how cool would that be,, i would love to have to decide which bike I was going to ride for the day

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
State farm was by far the cheapest for me, but it cost me $68 a month. Im 22 with a clean license. I called to 3 different state farms and the others wanted like $100 a month. I got my car through someone else though. How old are you and do you have a car through them to get it so cheap?

·
Registered
235 Posts
State farm was by far the cheapest for me, but it cost me $68 a month. Im 22 with a clean license. I called to 3 different state farms and the others wanted like $100 a month. I got my car through someone else though. How old are you and do you have a car through them to get it so cheap?
Odd... do you have full coverage? They told me they wouldnt insure me with full coverage if my car wasnt under them.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First off I have an 07RR just like you,, I am with statefarm justlike you, I insure my car with statefarm probably just like you,,, But I pay $2400 per year..

But I am 23 years old and I have one previous speeding ticket, and my M2 license.

So my questions , Why is your's so cheep? Your age? any tickets? Full M license?
27 yrs old
No tickets in the last 5 years... except for disobedence to traffic control, which doesnt show.

Full M

No discount through SF for MSF

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heres the thing, i did read other posts but i actually called today and the lady said "in order to recieve full coverage from state-farm you must have your car insured with us as well". This is a problem since my car is under my dads plan... sooo no statefarm, unless i go just liability which i might do

Your rate for BOTH will be less then the bike alone somewhere else.

I have a 2002 S10 crew cab on mine with full coverage.... $125 for that vehicle.... so $150 for both... less the dairyland just for the bike.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I called FarmBureau first, who insures my truck, house, etc. and they quoted $2600/yr.

Thought I could do better so I called a few others, $5000 for one $8000 for the next and then $19,900 (that's not a typo) for the last one. I stopped calling after that. I'll have to check with StateFarm and see what they could do.

I'm 22, no tickets, but a few prior accidents on my record.

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
+11111 to State Farm. That's who I have my car through, and they were the lowest when it came to my motorcycle insurance. And yes: Geico was HORRIBLE, at 52OO/year, while State's only 420/year. I heard that with Geico, when you crash your bike, they send you two brand new bikes (one for work, one for back-up), a house maid to clean your house while you're working, and an actual human to perform your job for you while you grieve over the loss of your own bike. Oh, and you also get a 5-year "eat anything anytime" coupon for McDonalds.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
+11111 to State Farm. That's who I have my car through, and they were the lowest when it came to my motorcycle insurance. And yes: Geico was HORRIBLE, at 52OO/year, while State's only 420/year. I heard that with Geico, when you crash your bike, they send you two brand new bikes (one for work, one for back-up), a house maid to clean your house while you're working, and an actual human to perform your job for you while you grieve over the loss of your own bike. Oh, and you also get a 5-year "eat anything anytime" coupon for McDonalds.
Thats funny

·
Registered
753 Posts
State Farm is the way to go on a 600cc sport bike because they base their rates solely on engine size. I just sold my wife's Ducati 750 Monster with 60 or so hp, and bought her the 600rr. Insurance is cheaper on the rr.

I don't pay much as I self insure for everything but theft and liability, and am 42 years old with a perfect MVR. I had three cars and four motorcycles on the policy as well as my homeowners, but just sold a car and the Ducati.

SF has great service if you need to make a claim also. Some people look for the cheapest rates without considering what you get for your money.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts