Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone cancels their insurance during the winter season, and if I were to cancel would there be any cons to it?

I personally dont want to pay 160 a month for something im not using, and progressive for some reason is trying to charge me 295 dollars!, For ONE month

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
holy smokes! you pay that much for insurance. I paid $13/month! I don't know if there are any cons though... And they might be charging you more because sometimes insurance companies smoke you with premiums during the summer months for what you won't be using in the winter months or something like that.

Either way... you need to shop around for your insurance I think.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i did shop around lol, insurance companies must not like me :dontknow:

Geico wanted 580 a month, so the 160 seemed pretty cheap to me, are you on your own insurance or under your parents, doug, 60$ for a 19 year old is nuts

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I have progressive on my bike and my policy is a year at a time. They factor in your location and estimate how many months you can ride. That way i don't have to worry about if something happened to my bike in the off season and i wouldn't have coverage.

So basically if i moved farther south then it would increase since i would be able to ride more out of the year. I would just hate to not have insurance on my bike during the winter and someone either steal it or it get damaged somehow and not be covered.

·
Registered
543 Posts
own insurance. 21 $80bucks a month im already fully paid for the year so im not gonna bother. but even if you were to cancel insurance you would still want to have comprehensive insurance so if there was a fire, theft or something else youd be covered.

·
Registered
460 Posts
That's way too much man you need to shop around. I pay $43 every three months. Somethings not right if you're paying that much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello,

A huge factor in your insurance price per year depends on if the bike is financed or not. If it is financed, you will have to have full coverage. I just bought a 2008 600 and the insurance price per year with progressive is just a little over 1,700 dollars. I asked for the minimum allowable to satisfy the finance company. They automatically deduct 148.38 per month from my checking account. The insurance on a bike that is paid off is very inexpensive, especially if you have no points on your license. In my experience with different insurance companies I would say the price you are paying is not to far out of line, assuming it is a financed bike.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
pulled the collision on mine for winter which my agen said will save me like 1900 a year. im 17 with 2 wrecks on my record (not on bikes) though. 220 bucks a month blows ass.. each paycheck i get half either goes to bike payment or bike insurance

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
id love to move to a place where i dont have to pay 100 a month for insurance. of course that is for full coverage but when you live in san antonio where its not a matteer of IF but WHEN your bike is going to get stolen i can see the reason.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow, I'm always amazed by the insurance threads. I pay $216 a month for an '08 600, '07 Maxima & '06 350Z, all with full comprehensive and the works. I guess there is something good about being thirty-something!! I remember being twenty with a couple of speeding tickets and a couple of accidents, insurance co wanted as much for a years coverage as the price of the bike! Didn't get the bike, maybe saved my life...who knows.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
If you live in an area with seasonal climate, insurance companies generally pro-rate and normalize the cost over the full year (resulting in a cancellation charge during the winter months preventing people from doing this).....so you may want to check with your insurance co.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
man im calling my insurance agent tomorrow and bitchen him out!! after seein this i am not fucken paying 220 a month thats ********

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
State Farm:

26 single/male
1 speeding ticket 80 in a 55 (4 points in GA)

2005 GTI: 142.61 -- Comprehensive
2008 CBR600rr: 26.25 -- Comprehensive
2002 Buell Blast: 16.07 -- Liability

I could pay less for the car, but I like having it all in one place. And, State Farm has much better customer service (IMHO) than the bigger carriers.

Indeed, you are getting screwed. I would call State Farm tomorrow. I had the same BS with Progressive (3k a year on the RR). I will never go back to Progressive if I can avoid it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Just wondering if anyone cancels their insurance during the winter season, and if I were to cancel would there be any cons to it?

I personally dont want to pay 160 a month for something im not using, and progressive for some reason is trying to charge me 295 dollars!, For ONE month
To answer your question, yes you can adjust the insurance. There is comprehensive, collision, and liability. You can't cancel the comprehensive, because your bike may burn down or get stolen. I don't think you can cancel liability, but hell yeah you can cancel collision. Your agent is awaiting your phone call.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts