Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Anybody Else Have A Young Buck In The Family That Insists On You Cosigning For A Bike?

Whats The Cheapest Insurance Youve Been Quoted?

18 Years Old.

Heck Im 24 I Pay 135 Liability Alone A Month....600 For Full A Month!

Thats If Youve Been Busted For Having Pot. No Accidents.

Im Posting This Thread As A Reality Check For My Cousin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,166 Posts
Im 17 and have a 954 and its like 300 a year for liability, but thats with my dad as the primary. And im the secondary. Just do it that way, and say that the kid will just ride ''sometimes''. I know its kind of like fraud or whatever, but technically you are under the insurance policy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,766 Posts
Will Seeing that your Cousin is asking for a Cosigner.

He going to have to get full coveage.

18 yr old with a brand new bike, maybe $1000-6000 or maybe more.
Tell your Cousin to shop around for Insurance.
That the only real way to find out.

You also have to remember that its only a Quote.

I'm paying $1024 for liability and comp then an extra 850 for full during riding season "4 month"


$102 for Insurance payment during non-riding season to $187 for riding season "monthly payment"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
I got my RR when i was 16, im 18 now, my parents cosigned on it but i have to pay for everything, payments, maintenance and anything else that i want or need done. If i miss a payment or anything they arent paying for it and i have to sell it but that aint gonna happen. Anyways i pay $700 a year for full coverage as a secondary on the bike through progressive but as the primary it was $5500 a year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
im 20. under my dads name its 600/yr full coverage. im on the same deal as some of these other guys. i pay it all, and he cosigned.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,456 Posts
Meddie600RR said:
Im 17 and have a 954 and its like 300 a year for liability, but thats with my dad as the primary. And im the secondary. Just do it that way, and say that the kid will just ride ''sometimes''. I know its kind of like fraud or whatever, but technically you are under the insurance policy.
Guys you shouldn't really be doing this. If you have to make sure you check out all your other options first. My friend did this for his son about a year ago and here's what happened. The kid totalled the bike and a Mercedes S500. He ran into the drivers door and hurt the driver some as well. He was listed as secondary driver on the bike even though my friend(his father) didn't ride at all. Anyhow, insurance was going to be paying out in excess of 100K for it as it was all the kid's fault(running a red light) but they did some research and found that he was driving the bike all the time and was in fact not the secondary driver. Now, my friend is stuck paying all of the damages himself and insurance isn't covering a dime of it. It's really ruined his life right now, he had to sell one of his nicer cars, get a loan against his home, etc... Definitely not worth the money saved anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
man yall kids gotta shop around
here's a lil' story for you all
two years back ( when I was 17) I bought the 03 RR with my old man co-signing I shopped around for like a month calling at least 50different companies all around the USA
I gotten quotes from like 2,500-6,500 for full
I finally scored a good deal and found a company called GMAC Insurance/Rider Motorcycle Insurance (they are combined w/Rider magazine)
I got a quote for 1,200 for full at age of 17, now being 19 and with an 05RR I pay 852dollars for full coverage
I added my younger brother (17) and his 02 R6 and they are charging me 675 for him...

All of you that are 20and older with clean records and pay over 1,500 man that's a joke. I'd never pay that. Shop around and u'd be surprised what you can find.

Whoever stated above that if you are under 18 you need full coverage is somewhat right. It actually goes state by state.It's what the state requires. And those with loans. You also don't need full coverage. Ask you dealership if they deal with banks that don't require full coverage.

Anyway for you young cats here's a contact to GMAC Insurance give them a try
it is not available in few states tho.
GMAC
RiderReport.com
Hope this helps some of you out. Lemme know how it works. I have about 10 people that i have recomended this company and they all went with it because they got a way better deal.
Also have a friend that was involved in an accident and the claim went smooth all within a matter of couple days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Check with State Farm Insurance too. I'm 24 and am paying roughly 1200 a year...full coverage with 500 deductible for comp. and collission.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
341 Posts
GA_RR said:
Guys you shouldn't really be doing this. If you have to make sure you check out all your other options first. My friend did this for his son about a year ago and here's what happened. The kid totalled the bike and a Mercedes S500. He ran into the drivers door and hurt the driver some as well. He was listed as secondary driver on the bike even though my friend(his father) didn't ride at all. Anyhow, insurance was going to be paying out in excess of 100K for it as it was all the kid's fault(running a red light) but they did some research and found that he was driving the bike all the time and was in fact not the secondary driver. Now, my friend is stuck paying all of the damages himself and insurance isn't covering a dime of it. It's really ruined his life right now, he had to sell one of his nicer cars, get a loan against his home, etc... Definitely not worth the money saved anymore.
:iamwithst
 

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
Joined
·
6,874 Posts
Gisi 600rr said:
Check with State Farm Insurance too. I'm 24 and am paying roughly 1200 a year...full coverage with 500 deductible for comp. and collission.
heh, you need to get married. i'm 24, 1 ticket 1 accident last 3 years. $580/yr full with $0 yes $0 comp deduct. but then again, my agent ONLY does $0 comp for bikes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
390 Posts
i WOULD be payig around $6000/year if i chose to get insurance .. but, that's how much i bought my bike for, and it just doesn't seem worth it. i'm 19 with 4 tickets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
$535/year for full coverage. I actually forget what my deductible is...hopefully I'll never need to find out.
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Top