Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I totalled my bike, according to Allstate anyway. I need some advice on what to do next. I have the gap insurance to cover the difference from what I owe $7500 to what they are going to give me for the bike $6500. Will they give me a check or does it go strait to Honda and will I then be back to zero like before I even had a bike? Or do they help me get another one? Also, should I try and get more money for the bike because of the add ons I have put on, PCIII, exhaust, ect. or will it not make a differece since I have the gap insurance. The reason I am asking this is because I am not getting any answers from Allstate, just keep getting transferred and voicemails, nice. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
328 Posts
when i did some damage to my bike they sent me a check with me and the repair shops name but they usally give u a check and you take it to the bank i think they will write the check out to u and ur bank but you can prolly buy the bike back but sometimes they will add value for ur add ons if u have this extra insurance that covers accessories and mods. But what did u do to ur bike?

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you have the receipts, proof of purchase, and pics of those mods on your bike - I believe the insurance company will honor them. I remember they reimbursed me for those items when mine was stolen. But I had to show them that I did purchase it.

Don't forget to include the cost of your helmet. Depending on what state you live in, it's law that they reimburse you the full cost of your helmet since it's basically considered part of the bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts