Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to do a little insurance shopping for my street rr before renewing the progressive policy. My previous coverage was 160/yr for only liability w/ no ppi. (I'm 24 w/ a clean record). State farm beat everyone I called today by far. In fact I was going to get full coverage including medical for not much more than progressive prices on liablity. Now for the bad news.....

After giving me the quote and getting me all exicted about the extra coverage, they then come back and say I can't have coverage w/ them at all for a traffic light violation last year that I had forgotten. I was at a light and it wouldn't change so I just waited till it was clear and went. The cop didn't believe I waited. Anyways, for that little ticket they refused to ensure me.:cwm21:

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
State Farm would not insure me last yr b/c I had an accident in Jan where I hit black ice and went off the road, hit no other cars just a telephone pole and dented the bed of my truck in. They said you have to be accident free for 3 yrs for them to pick you up as a new policy holder....blows

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
thats weird. ive had more tickets then fingers and have never been refused insurance...
i've lost count of all my tickets. i don't think they would refuse u for just one little ticket running a light. that's very minor.

·
Registered
107 Posts
most if not all :puke:insurance companies are crooked..they charge up the a$$ and then don't want to pay when something happens. I want to own one if I ever get rich. Lower premiums for RR riders :icon_lol:

·
Registered
150 Posts
^^^^ yea.. luckily my only accident in my car was when a truck rammed me from behind... he had AAA and they took care of me and I even made money off of the rental car (like $150 lol)

anyway, I have state farm for my 600RR because it was the lowest I could find... and its still $1000 a yr...(but I have comprehensive $100 deduct and uninsured motorist blah blah..)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I Got Caught Last Year With 4 Tickets And I Was Covered Again And It Was Cheaper Than Last Year

·
Registered
182 Posts
Insurance companies are in the business of making money. =/

·
Registered
321 Posts
i do progressive and take collision off when its off the road. $17 bucks a month

·
Registered
151 Posts
even if you had a minor traffic violation, they shouldnt refuse you. i'm about to get a couple quotes from state farm too, we'll see how it goes...

·
Registered
58 Posts
You are lucky they declined you. If you had not stated the ticket when the underwriting took place they would have had reason to deny any claim if something were to happen. You could argue that it was a "material" misrepresentation instead of intentional act, but good luck with that.

Also, if you have a traffic violation you dont have a clean record. The underwriter is doing his job with the information you give him.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^^ I understand that if you have a violation you don't have a clean record, I was trying to explain that I had no other violations, tickets, accidents, ect. I was a $40 ticket that the county prosecutor told me would not effect the insurance so I didn't fight it. A year later, it looks like he was wrong.

·
Registered
58 Posts
^^^ I understand that if you have a violation you don't have a clean record, I was trying to explain that I had no other violations, tickets, accidents, ect. I was a $40 ticket that the county prosecutor told me would not effect the insurance so I didn't fight it. A year later, it looks like he was wrong.

Dont EVER believe what they tell you. He is not an underwriter and has no clue what effects it will have on your insurance. In fact, it varys greatly company to company. They all have guidelines set forth by their own actuary's which are more or less set in stone. The courts have nothing to do with it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts