Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm dealing with insurance once again about a bike. my bike was parked in the hood and some idiot hit the front tire and knocked it over. Damage: the steering wheel was locked so the lock bolt broke so that needs to be replaced but the main damage is the front wheel is now about a 1/2 inch off center. I have progressive and their adjuster gave me this ridiculous estimate and a check for $90, haha, I almost laughed out loud when he gave it to me. why would anyone use there ins, pay their deductible for $90. I thought it was his way of getting me to lock into his estimate if I cashed that whopping $90 check. Honestly I want the bike totaled so I can get paid out, buy this bike back, sell it and get another bike. One mechanic total me the entire front end needs to be replaced and that costs a lot on an 08. My goal is to get it totaled so does anyone have any advice on the best way to do this. O, and the estimate from the bike shop is $200. I'd give them $400 if they quote a totaled amount in damages. I read somewhere ins co. totals vehicles if the damages are 75% of their KBB. any advice on getting my bike totaled would be appreciated. I gotta get this thing in the shop soon

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
this whole thing is nonsense. You cant make them total it. Why would you even turn it in. When im sure you could fix it for what your deductible is

·
Registered
249 Posts
So I'm dealing with insurance once again about a bike. my bike was parked in the hood and some idiot hit the front tire and knocked it over. Damage: the steering wheel was locked so the lock bolt broke so that needs to be replaced but the main damage is the front wheel is now about a 1/2 inch off center. I have progressive and their adjuster gave me this ridiculous estimate and a check for $90, haha, I almost laughed out loud when he gave it to me. why would anyone use there ins, pay their deductible for $90. I thought it was his way of getting me to lock into his estimate if I cashed that whopping $90 check. Honestly I want the bike totaled so I can get paid out, buy this bike back, sell it and get another bike. One mechanic total me the entire front end needs to be replaced and that costs a lot on an 08. My goal is to get it totaled so does anyone have any advice on the best way to do this. O, and the estimate from the bike shop is $200. I'd give them $400 if they quote a totaled amount in damages. I read somewhere ins co. totals vehicles if the damages are 75% of their KBB. any advice on getting my bike totaled would be appreciated. I gotta get this thing in the shop soon

Now I know why we pay so much for insurance.. its because of people like you... committing fraud lol.

·
Modcake with sprinkles
9,039 Posts
Just from my experience, my bike was attempted stolen they broke the steering lock. IDK what kinda shinanigans they are trying to pull by only giving you $90 my quote was like $300 after they took out my deductible. Either way I dont think the bike can be totaled out.... there is barely any damage it sounds like. If you did manage to get a shop to claim it as totaled there is going to be red flags left and right. Insurance fraud case may be on your doorstep. You're better off just taking it to a shop having them quote it really high. Then have progressive re adjust the check and give you more. Then fix the bike yourself and change out parts to make it a little better then before.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now I know why we pay so much for insurance.. its because of people like you... committing fraud lol.
ya, ur right, I'm the criminal. someone hits my bike with their car and takes off now my front wheel is crooked and my steering wheel assembly is broke but I'm the criminal, ur clueless sir :retard:

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
ya, ur right, I'm the criminal. someone hits my bike with their car and takes off now my front wheel is crooked and my steering wheel assembly is broke but I'm the criminal, ur clueless sir :retard:
Well from what you wrote in the first post, you are indeed trying to be a criminal. You cant do that legally and get away with it. Far and few in between. If it did nothing but front end damage of some kind with no plastic damage at all and so on then you shouldnt have turned it in. But asking how to commit fraud? Really???

·
Modcake with sprinkles
9,039 Posts
right there in bold outlines insurance fraud.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
dont forget that he is going to pay the amount of that to the mechanic for doing so. But thats not fraud. He just wants a cheap bike to fix up for very little to sell and make a profit to get a new bike. Yea you and everyone else dude

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm gonna drop this bike off to the honda dealer, I wont have to do anything illegal. the bike will b totaled and I WONT get enough from ins to buy the exact same bike. insurance is the the fraud. some of u guys r clueless and so part of the machine its a joke. I'll let u guys know what happens tho

·
Modcake with sprinkles
9,039 Posts
Maybe your original post is wrong then... Were just saying that if there is only $200 in damage to the bike then its not totaled... having it claimed as such is fraud.

now if the insurance is saying its not totaled and the shop is arguing that it is... Thats a whollleee different argument

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yeah it was wrong that your bike was involved in a hit and run but the damage is minimal, your in better shape than me, I was actually T-Boned while on my bike, I was injured and my bike was totalled and i've been with out a bike for going on a month. That was my mode of transport. I just settled with my ins. on a price and have to go threw the process of finding a new bike. Why would you want to pay a shop $400 to give a totalled estimate? do you really not think that is criminal? why not just get a high repair quote, use the money to fix the front end and maybe do a suspension job or something to make it ride better? that is kinda low to try to scam like that? or if you really want to get another bike why not fix this one, sell it, and work a little to get the money you need for another bike? why do so many ppl want **** handed to them? more should get off there ass and quite expecting a nmad handout and do some nmad work to earn theres and then they would have more respect for themselves and society would be better. otherwise off yourself and take the burden off others.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
why do so many ppl want **** handed to them? more should get off there ass and quite expecting a nmad handout and do some nmad work to earn theres and then they would have more respect for themselves and society would be better. otherwise off yourself and take the burden off others.
Im just going to guess he is a democrat?? All adds up

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
So that makes it okay for you to commit a criminal offense?

I'll give you a hint to the answer, it starts with N and ends with O and rhymes with NO.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm gonna drop this bike off to the honda dealer, I wont have to do anything illegal. the bike will b totaled and I WONT get enough from ins to buy the exact same bike. insurance is the the fraud. some of u guys r clueless and so part of the machine its a joke. I'll let u guys know what happens tho
You're pretty young aren't you? Probably a bit spoiled? I.e. you want what you want, and you want it NOW!

Sounds like to me you are just trying to get a new/er bike.

Yes it does sound like the insurance company is screwing you around a little bit (that's pretty common lol). And you should be getting a estimate or two from dealers. But no way does it sound like your bike should be totaled.

If the dealership comes back with news you don't like ( I.e. repairs are not near the total #), DO NOT push it. Yes push your insurance to pay for the proper repair. But do not push for a total. Just based on your child like attitude here, they will sniff you out, drop you and maybe even blacklist you.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Lol I was talking with a tec today why Full motorcycle insurance is so much, Guess I know why now haha. Any who. I just say try and get a high quote that's the best you can do. Pictures?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Whoa whoa whoa, hold the gravy for a second here.............your mean to tell us you bike has a steering wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Banned
179 Posts
Sorry to hear of your woes but I'm switching from Progressive first thing Monday morning back to State Farm. Progressive pissed me off back in the day and I have no idea why I'm with them again, State Farm is actually $40 cheaper for me. Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts