Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm finally ready to get my first bike, and I got some advice from my brother, and a friend, who both ride. Along with what they told me and what I've read here, I've decided on an 09 CBR600RR. A local dealer has the remainder of their "new" 2009 CBR stock on sale for $7400 sticker, so I've been in touch with a guy there, and I'm putting the down payment on my bike next week. Just taking a few days to decide between their last Phoenix, a green, or a black one. They're sold out of reds...

Anyway, I just called some companies to get insurance quotes. To clear things up, I'm past my 25th birthday, never had an accident on my record, no tickets, no felonies or drug charges, yada yada yada. Been driving (and insured) since I turned 16. However, like I said, this'll be my first street bike.

Called Geico: Liability: $1500+ /12 mos
Full Cov: $3000 /12 mos

Progressive: Liability: $230 /12 mos
Full Cov: $2700 /12 mos

Allstate (asked 40 million questions and took almost 30 mins just to give me a quote, but anyway...)
Liability: $485 a year - $42 bucks a month
Full Cov: $1377 a year - $116 a month

What's with the major differences between prices? Even for basic liability coverage, it ranges from $230-$1500 per year? :dontknow:

I mean, all things considered, I have my decision made, and Allstate's full coverage won. Just seems odd that the range is so great. I was hoping to get some input as far as which companies some of you guys are insured with, what you pay, and whether or not you've had to deal with your insurer in the event of an accident, and what you might have to say about the company, be it good or bad things.

Thanks a lot, sorry for the wall of text. I'll be lookin for you guys on the road, watch for a guy going too slow :p :cruising:

·
Registered
882 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
State farm $40 month.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ive had State Farm since i was 16 and im 19 now and the same goes with me, no tickets, no nothin, and im paying 86 a month, id stick with whatever insurance youre on, or thats what ive been told.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
id stick with whatever insurance youre on, or thats what ive been told.
That was my first thought, but when Geico quoted me at $1500 a year for liability, switching to a different insurance company came to mind pretty fast.

I'll definitely be looking into State Farm. Thanks guys.

A

·
0 Posts
first buy full coverage..... if u cant afford full coverage dont buy a bike
second if you can(not a must) but get higher coverage then the state min
third make sure theft and comprehensive are set to 0 deductable, it only costs like 10 a month and well worth it
fourth all my insurance is through usaa... but since they dont cover bikes i went to progressive, they fucked me bait and switch straight up... So a month later i went to allstate.. they were good.. paying about 110 a month.... decided to call statefarm, first place told me they wouldnt do my insurance unless they held my car insurance also. I asked them if hell froze over!!! then i called another statefarm insurance agent, he wrote me for 55 a month for 100/60/30 or something like that (i forget, but i know it is not the minimal)

·
Registered
136 Posts
does state farm cover high risk drivers? Im considered a "high risk" driver ugh, its been a headache. Ill be getting rid of the high risk label this november but I dont want to wait that long for lower insurance.

·
Registered
533 Posts
22yrs old male clean record of 5years no tickets 1 car with geico and my 09 costs me 233mo @ 10 payments 20/40/20 coverage with 500comp 1000collis and I live in connecticut

·
Registered
34 Posts
State Farm! I pay about $500/year for full insurance.
24 / M / Arlington, TX

$105.00 per month from State Farm for comprehensive + collision. It would have been $146.00 per month for full coverage. The nicest people I have dealt with in the adventure that is getting myself on my CBR.

Brand new supersport rider, under 25, with a recent history of non-moving violations.

If anyone is D/FW local, PM me and I will happily forward their information - my entire family has all of their vehicles insured through this office of State Farm.

Good luck OP!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts