Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone who has experienced an accident and had insurance pay for it please explain to me how they got a quote,then did the work themselves? Will insurance write me a cheque and be done with me or will they want to know who's doing the work and all that stuff?? PS my mom called my agent at home today (We're close with him and he told my mom and I if we ever need anything or have a problem it's cool to call him at his residence) and told him I had an accident and we just gave him a heads up..He talked to my mom about what happened and asked if I was ok,then he told my mom I would need a new helmet.He knows my current lid is $800 and he's insisting on getting me a new one.Great guy indeed.What do you guys suggest I look at in the way of helmets? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stick with Shark.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
CAn't get a helmet that doesn't fit your head properly. See what helmets fit your head the best, which don't give u a headache and narrow it down from there. No use considering or hearing about a helmet that's not going to fit your shape of head.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that.I already have a helmet.I have a Shark RSX.

I just wondered what other helmets you guys suggest as good quality,safe helmets,then I would go to the local shops and try a few on before ordering online.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I had my insurance cut me a check. What I did was take it to the shop, and they wrote up a rediculous qoute for parts and labor. Then I gave the quote to my insurance agent and they gave me a check for that amount. Fixed my bike and had like $1400 left over.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So since I'm financing the bike,they won't still make me have it done by someone else then the money go directly from my insurance company to the shop doing it?? I wasn't totally sure on that.I'm hoping the bike is a write-off,but if they say it will have to be fixed,I'd prefer to get the parts and do it myself.That's exactly what I needed to know.Thanks,Bussman600rr.

Anyone else have an experience like this that they'd like to add?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I just purchased a Suomy Extreme Fabrizio lid from Nick at ridersinc... If you like any of those extreme helmets, you should definately PM him for a price, you won't be disappointed!!!

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
RHINO RR
i sent you a pm bro

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks ME2,I will check out the Suomy helmets forsure.I really like the design of them,as well as the detail that goes into them.

moeman,Thanks for the PM dude.Sent one your way.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey RHINO,

I'm up here in Canada too, I use State Farm and I was told that as long as I get a quote from a dealer that I can have the work done wherever including by myself (I'm to lazy and such so I'm letting cycleworld do it but thats another story)

They even cut me a cheque to give to cycleworld when I'm happy with the work. They didn't ask about a new helmet, mind you my head never touched the ground.........I just slid along.

Hope that helps,
Jh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts