Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but the results are too broad, and since I am at work I don't have the time to sift through them all.

My question is simple:

If you lease/finance a new bike through Honda, are you required to provide full coverage insurance (ie collision)? I have heard yes from a Honda dealer, and no from a Honda/Yamaha dealer.

Which is it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I also heard yes from my Honda dealer, they told me that if they finance any amount on the bike, they require full coverage. A friend of mine bought a Yamaha and he only had to get liability. I think it depends on what company is actually going to do the financing, Honda Financial will require the full coverage. Yamaha uses Household Bank and their financing works more like a credit card, so that's why they are ok with only liability. The Honda/Yamaha dealer that you talked to might try to get you financed under another company other than Honda Financial that's why they told you that you didn't need the full coverage.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Depends on who you finance with. About 90% will require that you have FC, but I finance w/Household & they actually don't require me to carry full coverage (but I do anyway). If you lease you will have to have full coverage regardless.

·
Registered
165 Posts
In California at least, If you don't own the bike/car/whatever...You need to have full coverage and the Leanholder has to be listed on the insurace as payee.

N

·
0 Posts
skeetem said:
Depends on who you finance with. About 90% will require that you have FC, but I finance w/Household & they actually don't require me to carry full coverage (but I do anyway). If you lease you will have to have full coverage regardless.
I live in Cali, and financed through Household for my first bike and they did not require full coverage when you leave the dealership but afterwards you do have to have full coverage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts