Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Driving record: Clean/No accidents
State: IA

I thought I was getting pretty good rates from Country Insurance till now. I was paying about $67 for my renters insurance, 07 cbr600(Comprehensive) and 94 Mitsubishi Galant ES(Liability only). Recently I bought an 07 Nissan Maxima SE and asked to add that to my policy. My insurance agent called me that now he can add me to multiple car discount and my total for all vehicles including the old Mitsubishi will be $112/month. And if I get rid of my old Mitsubishi then the rates will go up by $10 because I would not be able to take the multiple car discount. On top of that I paid $110.12 on the 12th of this month to cover for this month and they were going to withdraw $138.xx for the month of March and then $127.xx for future. When I called for explaination as to how this jacked up billing is working all they could tell me is its right but no one can explain how. Agent told me to call billing and billing told me they will get hold of the agent and he would explain. I was pi$$ed so I called State farm and this is what they quoted me.

07 CBR600(comprehensive with towing service): ~$19/mth
07 Nissan Maxima(comprehensive with towing service): ~$36/mth
94 Mitsubishi Galant(liability only with towing): ~$20/mth
renters insurance: ~$9/mth

Also, if I get rid of my old Mitsubishi my rates would go down by $3 or so. I told them to add me as a client from March 1st onwards. I think these are good rates, what do you guys think.

Thanks,

·
Registered
268 Posts
State Farm RULES

I have full coverage 250/500 deductibles on everything and I pay:
08 cbr600rr $15/mo
09 Mitsubishi Lancer $101/mo
95 Toyota Tacoma $64/mo
Homeowners $23/mo

I'm just 30 and have a great driving record. Rates on my bike should be dropping because the policy renews and I just turned 30. I've never heard of anyone that has as good a rate on the bike as I do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts