Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i totaled my 03 black rr, and i like the 04 in blue. so i got a quote on an 04, and it was like $90 a month more than the quote for another 03. why would the 04 be more expensive to insure. they are both brand new and the same bike?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Why did radio shack used to get your phone number when you just bought batteries? Insurance companies suck.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I had heard (from incurance co.'s) that many motorcycle insurance carriers discontinued covering motorcyclists in the early part of 2004. Therefore, insurance co. continuing to insure motorcyclists raised their rates, knowing that there is less competition and more riders to cover. Don't know if this is true but when i was researching rates, many insurance co. said that they used to provide insurance for motorcyclists but disconintued it in early 2004. :???:

·
Registered
162 Posts
yeah duh.
you crashed a bike and your insurance premiums went up? yeah, i cant figure it out either.

ha

j/k. really though, thats the only explaination i can think of why it would be higher.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no, they said it was a not at fault accident so it wouldnt effect my rates. the thing is if i get another 03 the rate doesnt change, but an 04 it goes up, only thing i can think of is maybe the 04 is worth more

·
Registered
61 Posts
You sure it was per month and not per 6 months or per year? for an extra 90 a month i could get coverage on 1000rr and have change in my pocket.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Jaebster is right. a lot of companies are raing their rates. Also, i the rates depends on the insurance company's "experience" for a particular motorcycle. The RR bains a new bike, so I suspect they used the F4i's rates for a year before they realized that the more only the "risky" riders moved up to the RR. So after a year they raised the rates on the RR since they experienced higher claims.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts