Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you have an accident, how long should i have to wait for their(people at fault for the accident) insurance adjuster to come to my house and look at the damages. how long after that will the bike get fixed? 2. will they let me choose the dealership to do the repairs? 3. what if the adjuster tells me one price and the dealership tells me another more expensive price? how does that work? im guessing the insur. adj will be familiar with the 600rr and what brand new oem stuff costs..?? thanks. by the way i was hit sunday march 13th and still no adjuster?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Odd. Everytime I've dealt with insurance deals I've taken the vehicle to a dealer (the dealer I wanted to bring it to) and gotten a quote. forward the quote to the ins. people. they say yay or nay and boom it's done.

I've always thought it was to easy cuz you can just 'know' the autobody peeps n' wahtnot involved and work out deals with em after the check from the ins. company has been written.

But if your sittin around waiting on **** to get done it could take forever. It's not like their insurance company wants to pay for your stuff. heh.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I agree with Liquid. When I had to make an insurance claim on my bike, I took it to the Honda shop before I even called them and told them exactly how much it was going to cost to fix. If I were you, I would do the same. Go down there, get a printed quote with a line-by-line breakout of everything that they need to replace, and call the insurance company and tell them you have it and need to fax it to them.

Yes, they have to let you choose which shop to take it to. A lot of them have "preferred" shops that they'll try to get you to go to, but don't let them jerk you around. You deserve to have your bike fixed the way you want it to be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts