Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wondering what you guys all pay for insureance, and who you have i have state farm i own a 2004 cbr 600rr im 19 years old and have no acidents, i pay 142.00 a month for full covrage

·
Registered
7,429 Posts
many many threads on this which you would easily find if you typed 'insurance' into the search button.

$104 per month full comprehensive

I was paying $240 per month,,, then i turned 25 and it dropped (Completely clean record)

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have the worst insurance money can buy. Not the greatest coverage, but $219 per year with state farm. My driving record is clean as a whistle too which helps. AND I just turned 25!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Taking an MSF course can drop that significantly... especially for someone in your age group. I pay just under 500 a year. I don't have a CBR though...and I own my bike outright.

Now, my GF owns a 2009 CBR and she was quoted $2300 a year! She decided to have her dad register and got the insurance at $60 a month which is still 720 a year... thats the a good deal. :ciao:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
For my F4i right around $500/year with State Farm.... full coverage collision/comp/theft/uninsured/$500 ded/etc. Not too bad I don't think

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i took the course and state fram said it wont drop mine any but if i get honner roll it would maybe i should make a fake repaort card? haaa i crashed my bike a week ago and they totaled my bike and my insurance is olny going to go up 45 dollers a month and they paid me 5800, so im looking at like 185 a month now

·
Registered
158 Posts
I pay 300 a year but it is partial coverage. Also if you take the riders course like others have said it will lower the rate a lot! Also my insurance guy told me to join the Honda riders club online which is free and that could lower it up to 5% more on top of any other discounts you get. I got 15% off for the riders course and another 5% off for joining the Honda Riders Club.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I only have liability, which I pay about $15/month for right now. I got full coverage quotes from a few places though, and AAA was the cheapest for me. I got the quote with my cars included, but I think it broke down to about $45/month for the bike. I'm 23 with a clean record.

·
Registered
16 Posts
State Farm, $72/month full coverage ($1,000 deductible) on an '08 for a 22y/o with a clean record.

I pay 300 a year but it is partial coverage. Also if you take the riders course like others have said it will lower the rate a lot! Also my insurance guy told me to join the Honda riders club online which is free and that could lower it up to 5% more on top of any other discounts you get. I got 15% off for the riders course and another 5% off for joining the Honda Riders Club.
My agent told me State Farm does NOT give discounts for MSF course. So, zero discounts for me.

·
Registered
255 Posts
State Farm, $72/month full coverage on an '08 for a 22y/o.

My agent told me State Farm does NOT give discounts for MSF course. So, zero discounts for me.
That's damn good for the bike and your age.. A buddy of mine just bought a bike, he's 25. We got full coverage quotes for an 08 and an 09, most of them were over $200/month. Progressive was actually the lowest for him, and even that was like $147/month.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's damn good for the bike and your age.. A buddy of mine just bought a bike, he's 25. We got full coverage quotes for an 08 and an 09, most of them were over $200/month. Progressive was actually the lowest for him, and even that was like $147/month.
Man, and I thought south West Virginian's got screwed with insurance. :spank:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i think my age is a big factor

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don't think full coverage at that price is worth it on an 04. For liability I pay less than $20 a month (20 years old, no accidents, no experience). I was quoted about $1600 a year I think for full coverage versus $230 for liability (basically same boat as you). If you do the math, on a bike worth $3600 (what I paid) that means that you lose money if your bike isn't totaled or stolen in less than 3 years. I'd rather take my chances for 2.5 years, or just save that money and have enough to buy another of the same bike in 3 years if anything does happen. If you went with the full coverage on this bike for the next 5 years, you will pay a difference of almost $7,000 versus just getting liability. That's $7,000 that could just be put in an account to buy an almost new bike by that point.

But to answer the question, liability with Allstate for $19.50 a month.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Wow, some of those prices are outrageous! Full coverage through state farm w/500 deductible costs me only 15 bucks a month. I ride an 08 600RR and I'm 25. I thought cheap insurance was one of the benefits to owning a bike.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Newbie04 what is your deductable and all that stuff

1 - 20 of 52 Posts