Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just being curious.....those of you who have full coverage insurance: what is your age, insurance cost, and how many tickets are on your record? I'm 21 years old, 3 minor tickets on my record. Cheapest quote I found is about $2,000/year. Wondering what all you guys might be paying

·
Registered
130 Posts
29 no tickets on my rec and im paying under 450 a year. it helps the more stuff you have insured with that company

·
Registered
34 Posts
29 no tickets on my rec and im paying under 450 a year. it helps the more stuff you have insured with that company
Agreed. 29 no tickets after I turned 18. I have full comp, collision and medical. I pay 540 a year, but drop down to comp in the winter months so in reality I pay much less. I also have a car policy with the same insurance comapany.

Shop around first. When I was looking I found quotes for the same price, but eventually found a great policy

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trust me, that is the absolute cheapest and its from progressive. Geico and GMAC were about 4k

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm right there with you... but mine is $1k/year. I can't find anyone to quote me as cheaply as others are getting either.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
oooo another "how much do you pay for insurance" thread! yay!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am 24 with no tickets and got quoted high everywhere except state farm. Maxed out full coverage with lowest deductibles is 45$ a month for me on a 09 cbr 600

·
SRO
367 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
oooooo another "I just go around posting negative comments on other people's threads" user! yay!
Maybe you should learn how to search the forum before you start a new thread about a topic that is covered at least once weekly here.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Holy crap, I think you guys need to go for a ride... It will help release some of that tenjion.

Pro-tip: The fewer people that reply to a thread the quicker it fades into the bowels of .net, never to be seen again (till the next day when the question is repeated).

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
Holy crap, I think you guys need to go for a ride... It will help release some of that tenjion.

Pro-tip: The fewer people that reply to a thread the quicker it fades into the bowels of .net, never to be seen again (till the next day when the question is repeated).
i dont even live near tenjin i didnt know he was trapped either, so i dont know how riding will release tenjin?

oh you meant tension?

thanks for the Pro-tip...

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
god, why you all gotta be up in arms

i was happy there was another one, every one proves how happy i am to be with state farm, because im not getting rapes

@33 doolars a month its a steal!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm 28, no tickets on my record and progressive has me at 580 a year, full coverage, 500 deductible.

Note, progressive's website quoted me a lot more, I think on the order of 500/6months. I went through an agent who shops all over and gets you the best rate.

Don't forget: MSF course gives a discount for 3 years!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I would not go with State Farm. I currently have a claim in with them and the experience has been pretty terrible. They are pretty cheap but they couldn’t give 2 s**ts about ur claim. I’ve had to call repeatedly. Its been almost 3 weeks since I made my claim and the only information I know is that they are going to total my bike. I plan on buying it back but still don’t know home much they are going to give me, charge me for the buy back, or when I will get my money. Im not happy. Also they will only cover my helmet here in Texas, as thats all the law here requires you to wear, even though i was wearing full leathers gloves and boots.

I made my claim on a Monday morning. My friend crashed Monday evening and put his claim in on Tuesday. The adjuster came out paid him and picked up his bike all within ONE WEEK.

Im not happy.....

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
@33 doolars a month its a steal!
Pffftt, I wish. I'd own way more bikes if they only cost me 30 bucks a month.

I current play 115/month for my 600rr with state farm. I pay 95/month for my VFR800. Both are fully insured with $1000 collision/comp deductibles. 210 buck a month just to ride 7 - 8 months of the year.

Also they will only cover my helmet here in Texas, as thats all the law here requires you to wear, even though i was wearing full leathers gloves and boots.
No state requires much gear besides helmet/glasses. That said, if you're not happy with their settlement, you're not obligated to accept it. You can fight for something better (assuming you didn't accept the offer).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts