Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps, I am a newbie here, so hopefully I will get a little help. I am 35 yrs old with no points on my record, and I am looking to buy a 600 RR. The only reason I have not owned a bike up to this point of my life is because of insurance. I tried a quote online last night, and received a quote for over 2 grand for a 04 600 RR a year. Go figure. Again, my record is clean. How and where are you all getting your insurance. I live in Michigan, so maybe that has something to do with it, but I know the insurance companies do not like to insure these bikes. I would like to find out what companies you guys are using so maybe I can try and get some quotes. I will not buy a bike till I can get a reasonable qoute. What should I be paying for a new or used 600 RR a year for insurance.

P.S. If anyone has a nice used one for sale, please let me know. Thanks Sam

·
Registered
163 Posts
You kind of sound like you are in the same situation I was before getting my bike. Where do you have your home and auto insurance? Might try to get a multi item discount through them. I live in Oklahoma, 31, married, have 2 other vehicles and home w/ State Farm and full coverage is only $11 a month on my '04. After I take my MSF course it will go down too. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
66RRJOE said:
also try calling those stupid internet quotes are insane. i have prgressive the best i found so price wise.
+1
Before buying my bike I tried the progressive online quote thing and it was more than 10 times what I'm paying now, even with the other vehicles being moved over to Progressive. After I got my complimentary one year HRCA membership I tried using the progressive link for discounted M/C insurance and it was still pretty high.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I think i pay $23 a month for mine, with one ticket on my record, 26yrs old. After the ticket goes off it should be around $18 a month or so. No house, single, and what not through state farm, but I do have my car with them as well.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Also, you could always tell the insurance company you have been rideing dirtbikes for 5+ years. It'll help you get a lower rate.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Definitely Bro, call state farm. I have all my ins through USAA, but not my bike. StateFarm insures by solely the CC size, not the type of bike. I only have my bike through them and I pay $239 for 6 months. That included all the extraneous crap like uninsure motorist, and pretty high coverage, so its not just the bare minimum. Dont go through Progressive, they are high as hell. Call State Farm

·
Registered
108 Posts
chodrick said:
After I take my MSF course it will go down too. :)
Really??!! I asked my State Farm agent about that since I just had to take mine for the air force base I live on and they said they dont offer that discount since their rates are already so low...

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have my insurance through state farm also... im payin $43 a month an im 21 with one ticket... an for the discount after msf its basically on the agent an if they want to lose a lil money... at least thats what my HOT A$$ agent told me when i went in. but they do offer a multi discount an i got my life,car and hone thro them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
yeah try progressive, thats where im going through. i got a 10% discount for having automatic withdrawl. i pay 117 a month for 1000 deductable, but in march it will be 2 years that ive been with them, and it will drop again 20 dollars. 1000$ deductable sucks but not if you dont hit anyone lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys, thanks for responding to my post. I am going crazy to buy a bike, and I really want the 600 RR or the 600 F4I, but like I said, insurance is the only thing holding me back. I talked to a guy at work today who has a Ducati 998 and he also has his insurance through State Farm and says its really a good price. Thanks for allyour help, I am going to give them a call tomorrow. Rubber side down boys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Torque, I see you are also from Michigan. Incase non of you know, Michigan has some type of surcharge that they charge Michigan residents, no matter, house, car, bikes, whatever, so our insurance is higher then most in the country. Anyway, Torque, what bike do you have? What year? And what is your insurance and through who? Thanks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've got state farm right now with just a 99tahoe on it and am paying 400 a month for liability only... with 1 speeding ticket on my record, nothing else. 24, not married. no other vehicles or a home. I called my agent to see about adding a bike and she said they wouldn't insure me for a bike. and... weren't going to let me renew my car in a month when my policy expires. All this because my credit went in the shitter cuz of a divorce. So ask around. I spent all day Friday calling and found a private agent that just quoted me 88 bucks a month full coverage and adding a 04' 600rr will add 30 something a month full coverage. So shop around cuz what's good for some of you might be ass rape for someone else

·
Registered
163 Posts
TxAg98 said:
Really??!! I asked my State Farm agent about that since I just had to take mine for the air force base I live on and they said they dont offer that discount since their rates are already so low...
Not really sure but that's what the agent said. Even 10% would only be like a buck a month so I'm not really worried about it, can't be much lower than it already is.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got a quote with progressive it was full coverage the told me it was 8,000 for one year because i am a first time rider even thought i have two cars insured with them. So the cheapest i could find for my 05 600rr was with Farmers 1,600 for a year full coverage and it covers 4,000 dollars in aftermarket parts. This is with 1 ticket my age is 23. hope this helps

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am hoping that I do not have to beat my state farm guy up. I am going to talk with him tomorrow.

I purchased my bike on July 14 and they quoted me $217. / Year

I get my policy in the mail yesterday and find that they have included a bill for another $637 making my yearly payment $854. I have nothing on my record $500 deductable. The only thing that I can think of is that I do not turn 25 until this Thursday and that they figured it as an under 25 driver. I will be screwed right now if they didn't and that is going to be my payment a year. I just paid my registration and sales tax so coming up with another $637 by August 25 is going to be a **tch

Thanks for the rant time

·
Registered
20 Posts
here in florida you dont need insurance as long as u r over 21. i tried all those companies for a quote and the cheapest one i found was for like $300 a month. (i pay $180 a month for my bike).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts