Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys, listen to this, I just got word from my insurance company that my insurance on my 600rr is going to be 1,400 dollars a year! Just For freakin liablility. Now that is rediculous. I am 19 and have never had a motorcycle wreck or a speeding ticket. There is no way im payin 1,400 a year for insurance. I used to have a 02 R6 and i paid 144 for three months and that was it. They gave me this BS about a "official performance vehical." There cannot be that big of a difference between a R6 and a 600rr. (Besides performance Ha Ha) Can you guys help me find a way outa this or else im gonna have to sell my baby. Thanks alot The insurance is through progressive as of now.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i was paying around 1600 for full coverage till my wreck now its 1900, i'm 21 with no tickets and just that accident.

·
Registered
417 Posts
StateFarm: $200+change/6months; full coverage; no points; i'm 21, 9 years ago. Use it for recreation only... although my recreation mileage is more than 10K in 7 months... :bounce:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I was with progressive for about 2 months. I am now with State Farm $40/month full coverage. Progressives premiums are rediculous.

·
Registered
140 Posts
State Farm is the cheapest. I pay $204.00 a year or $17.00 a month. I'm 25 clean record and married. Believe it or not that married thing really helps.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I pay 280 a year for full coverage with USAA. 26 no tickets or accidents, married. MSF and licensed for a long time. When I was 19, my insurance was higher than my bike payment by far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
tyler600rr said:
Whats up guys, listen to this, I just got word from my insurance company that my insurance on my 600rr is going to be 1,400 dollars a year! Just For freakin liablility. Now that is rediculous. I am 19 and have never had a motorcycle wreck or a speeding ticket. There is no way im payin 1,400 a year for insurance. I used to have a 02 R6 and i paid 144 for three months and that was it. They gave me this BS about a "official performance vehical." There cannot be that big of a difference between a R6 and a 600rr. (Besides performance Ha Ha) Can you guys help me find a way outa this or else im gonna have to sell my baby. Thanks alot The insurance is through progressive as of now.
Sometimes insurance companies (i.e. Geico, Progressive) that insure you over the phone will give you an INITIAL quote,
which sounds pretty good. But then they'll look up your record and that quote will change. So be sure the prices you're getting are the exact price you're paying when you sign on that dotted line. check http://www.insurancepaylite.com see how ins. companies prices hehehe

·
Registered
504 Posts
22yrs old, single, non home owner, garaged bike, no tickets/accidents EVER.

$40/month full coverage through Country Insurance.

BTW, my insurance agent is HOT. Just thought i'd throw that in there.

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you live in NY i understand
the 600RR is stolen the most also which is why insurance companies prices are higher for this than lets say even the new bike I am getting a 06 750gsxr. I know it was strange but I am 23 in NY with one ticket and liability for my CBR600RR was the same as yours with progressive. the same policy on the new 06 750 is 70 less. so about 1320 to be exact. and this is on a bike with 150 more CC. The difference in the full insurance prices was close to 1G.
NY sucks and so do Honda's in terms of insurance because the rate of theft. i should know my CBR was just stolen last week hence the new bike idea.

·
Registered
539 Posts
im 19 and the only place that will insure me is progressive(well atleast from the places I checked).. They wanted $6500 a year for full insurance so I settled with liability for $1030/year.. My record is pretty shitty.. do you guys know of any other insurance companies thatll insure someone with a messed up record? Im a good student too if that helps loll

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mos Def look into another company! I have State Farm and also find they are the cheapest. I have full coverage, gap ins., etc. I pay like $600 a year? When I took out ins. on my bike, they based it on the cc's (600 vs. 750, etc.)
Atthe time it would have been less expensive for me to insure an R6 than an SV650S. Good Luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts