11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy cow!

Liability: $600/year
Comprehensive ($1000/deductible): $1639.00/year
Collision ($1000/deductible): $2196.00/year
Comprehensive + Collision ($1000/deductible): $3235.00/year

:puke:

That about what you guys pay? Holy cow. 4 years ago (in Novmember) I got a speeding ticket for doing 48 in a 40 -- other than that, I'm clean. I'm 21 years old, male. Maybe that's why...

Those quotes are through Geico. I'm going to talk to Farm Bearu next week to see what they are... they have my car insurance and are cheaper than Geico by like $10/year.

-Chris

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'm 20 with a clean record and I pay 42 a month for full coverage on my 06 from Farm Bureau, but then again I live in a town of only 6,000 people.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Progressive was the best for liability for me. $130 a year for liability on an 06 isn't bad in Los Angeles. Yes, I'd say it is your age and the bike.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Insurance really depends on a few things, age, prior record, number of vehicles insured, credit score, blah blah blah... Progessive takes 110 from my pocket per month, but that is with a $100 deductable full coverage, if I switch my car to progressive, the insurance drops to around $55 per month. I turn 25 in June so maybe that'll change something finally.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
yeah, geico is a rip-off no matter what. state farm is the best depending on ur record/age.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
State Farm is the best. as long as your record is CLEAN.
No. I have a perfect record of 17 years. Previous motorcycle coverage without claims...M1 license for 17 years. State Farm was higher than Progressive for liability and wanted it to be a muti car policy. State Farm wouldn't do $130 a year on my 2006.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Holy cow!

That about what you guys pay? Holy cow. 4 years ago (in Novmember) I got a speeding ticket for doing 48 in a 40 -- other than that, I'm clean. I'm 21 years old, male. Maybe that's why...

Those quotes are through Geico. I'm going to talk to Farm Bearu next week to see what they are... they have my car insurance and are cheaper than Geico by like $10/year.

-Chris
Im 17 and the cheapest around me in sacramento for full coverage is like 2k-2.5k a year...liab. is like 600 a year also!! wow!! haha

·
Registered
840 Posts
you know the problem with these insurance posts is that people always list their insurance rate, whether it's a standalone policy or they have 4-5 cars with the same company. Eventually it becomes this little "competition" to see who has the highest or lowest insurance rate.

But instead of competing, how about we post something that's actually useful?

Such as... Your type of coverage, price, age, REASON for price (example: i have 4 cars with state farm so my full coverage for my bike is 200 a year), and of course LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Holy cow!

-Chris
damn bro, thats too much!!!! state farm is the way to go for sure

1 - 17 of 17 Posts