Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll, I have a question about my integrated taillight that I just installed on my 2003 cbr600rr. Everything is good to go and works except that it does not do anything when i pull the brake lever. So in essence I have running lights and both turn signals work, but the brake light does not. Also the rest of the bike is all working fine, I.E. high beams, horn, display. I was wondering if ya'll had any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks,

Zack

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,274 Posts
i found that with multiple times taking and un-plugging the light and the wires, the wires can come loose from their end connectors as they did in my case - so while pressing the brake only part of the light would light up, so maybe check the wires first :ponder:

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
You may just need to adjust the rear brake spring...

Did it work correctly before you put the IT on?

If so then you probably have a dodgy connection somewhere.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wires all seem to be well connected and in place, and yes my brake light worked before with the old tail light, but when i reconnected the old taillight trying to trouble shoot all this it did not work either.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is also a black wire with a brown or tan stripe running down it, does this have to do with the brake lights?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Going to guess and say your rear brake is already on. Adjust the rear brake switch or remove it and check with the front brake switch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but what is the rear brake switch? and front brake switch? and where are they? and yes the brake light is always on now.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
There is a plastic ring attached to a spring that goes to the rear brake. Turn this ring to make the switch lower and will disengage the brake light from activating when your foot isn't on the pedal. Front one should be fine. T

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey tripage, thanks for the tip. That ended up doing the trick and saved me from ripping my bike apart again. What is it that made that make it work, if that makes sense?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
From what we have seen it's a resistance difference between the 2 lights. T

1 - 11 of 11 Posts