Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. I just posted in the "New Members" section earlier today. I hope you all are doing well.

I am interested a 2008 600RR (Graffitti model). The bike has 31K miles on it. Here is the description from the seller"

- Great condition (clean title/no drops)
- New brake pads
- New tires
- Driven sprockets
- Integrated turn signals in mirrors
- Full Hyperflo exhaust system.
- Valves have been checked and didn't need adjusting

I don't want to post what he said he would take for it because I am interested in what the CBR community thinks the bike is worth. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Probably $3500-$4000 would be close to what people are asking on the local craigslist. I am in the Midwest.
I would make sure it is a real graffiti bike, not one that has been dumped and had a cheap set of fairings put on it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably $3500-$4000 would be close to what people are asking on the local craigslist. I am in the Midwest.
I would make sure it is a real graffiti bike, not one that has been dumped and had a cheap set of fairings put on it.
That's around what he's asking. I can probably talk him down some once I get there and more closely examine it. Is there a way to tell if it is the OEM graffitti versus an off-brand set?

Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Im not 100% sure, but with out taking any fairings off, you may be able to look under the front fender. You should see a "Honda and a part number" molded in to the plastic.

Or, I think you can look in the tail section, right by the lock.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually found a bike from a member on here that's at the top of my list. I'm going to go check it out this weekend. If for some reason that doesn't work out, I'll go take a look at this one and check those places you guys mentioned.

Thanks amit and thanks again wags.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Buy a new cam chain tensioner while your at it, lol!!! Wasn't too many more miles after that my bike started giving me "hints". I want to say like 40k miles. Rode with a bad tensioner for probably another 20k, before I buckled down, and replaced it myself - pain in the ass.

·
Registered
966 Posts
No drops with 30k miles? Seller is a liar already, cause I have yet to see a bike make it that long with no drops what so ever.

·
Registered
382 Posts
No drops with 30k miles? Seller is a liar already, cause I have yet to see a bike make it that long with no drops what so ever.
Doesn't surprise me at all, unless that was their first bike. One possible way to tell if the bike has had work done to it, is to look at the bolts for marring, preferably bolts under the plastics, like for the gas tank.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is another option for me:

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/mcy/d/cbr-600rr/6300724452.html

Just curious what you guys think. I have him talked down a few hundred bucks. I will post some more pictures when he sends them to me later. Would love your guys input. And I'm curious if you guys can tell if that is an OEM graffiti scheme from 2007. Thanks!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts