Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here at TST Industries we attend a ton of track days every year. With a mix of normal track days, our scheduled CCS Races, and sponsoring the Yamalube Westby Team in the Motoamerica series, we get a really good understanding of how a successful and safe track experience can happen.

Our friends over at the Florida State University Police Department have created a program to help get riders off the street and onto the track. Whether it's the at-risk rider who is "too experienced to be on a track" or if it's a new rider who needs seat time, the FSUPD Motorsports Team is there to help point you in the right direction and more importantly, make you a safer rider!

They have created a program to help out on the track day cost for first time track riders, get them the proper training they need, and make sure they have a fun, educational, and safe riding experience.

Here in Florida we have seen a huge increase in not only motorcycle accidents but also motorcycle accidents involving sportbike riders that can end fatally. Learning how to control your machine under stressful or abnormal riding conditions can be the difference of slamming into that car backing out of the drive-way or maneuvering your machine safely around the vehicle. We have met, first-hand, dozens of riders who want or need the help but are too embarrassed to ask. Everyone who owns a sportbike should experience a track day at least once in their lives. I can personally testify to how much I learned on my first track day and how much safer I felt riding on the street after just a few hours on the track. I too, used to be the daily rider who thought he knew it all because I rode every single day. Little did I know, how much I truly had to learn and still have to learn!

Head-on over to our newest blog article and read more about this program and how you can help or get the help needed to become a safer rider.

How A Florida Police Department Is Aiming To Get Motorcyclists On The Right Track!

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Awesome, good work guys. I wish I had taken up the offer to ride at Jennings when I lived in Florida, but I was too 'sour grapes' about track riding at that point in my life.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, good work guys. I wish I had taken up the offer to ride at Jennings when I lived in Florida, but I was too 'sour grapes' about track riding at that point in my life.

It's a really fun track that, at the end of the year, will be up for sale publicly. :/ That's our "home" track and we visit Jennings maybe 5-6 times a season and we are very sad to hear about it being put up for sale. Hopefully a new investor comes in and restores the track to what it once was. FSUPD is doing a great job with getting some new riders on the track and we are looking forward to many more riding seasons and events with those guys over there!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are there any other tracks in Florida at all? I think there's one in Homestead?
Homestead, PBIR (Palm Beach International Raceway), and Daytona once a year is open to motorcycles. Hopefully if Jennings ever sells, a former or current rider is the new owner and keeps it open.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts