Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
I hope this doesn't get torched up, but i agree, i don't see the reason you can't have it, but if it were there, we'd be racist. I will never understand all this.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I'm in no way a raceist, I just like to argue. I could pick either side. But for some reason I rememebr someone trying to start a club for white people in High school and the idea was shot down because people associated it with the KKK.

·
5,253 Posts
Yea, I've always wondered if it was just like that around here where i live, or if it's like that all over, b/c white people here are damned if they like black people, and their damned if they don't like black people, and it doesn't have to be as a whole ither, you can dislike one person and it swings you one way.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same stuff happens at school like mentioned above, every year someone tries to make a white club. were kids its not like we are racist or anything, i just think its BS and i think That is racist not what "us white ppl do". But yea i didnt post this to start a huge thing, i was just curious to what you guys thought of it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think people will think that they are all kkk or skin head. Not that any of them are its just that if people hear about it, they'll probably think that they are. ("Look there goes the kkk on sport bikes!") Kind of reaction, from most people.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Ive seen black biker clubs with white members before im pretty sure. I dont see any reason why there could not be a "white" biker club, but I think it would become a problem if people were denied membership because of them not being white. That is when the racism slander would start. But even if there was a "white" biker club Im pretty sure I wouldnt join it, I don't need a club to ride with friends.

·
Registered
450 Posts
mabbottusmc said:
I'm in no way a raceist, I just like to argue. I could pick either side. But for some reason I rememebr someone trying to start a club for white people in High school and the idea was shot down because people associated it with the KKK.
but if u think about it theres a lot of White people banging their Confederate flags at CVHS. well there was still a lot when i graduated class of 02

·
5,253 Posts
I'm sorry, but we confederate flags around here, and that doesn't in any way mean we are racist, we've had plenty of black people at parties point up at the flag, and have no problem with it. Just b/c you fly the southern flag doesn't mean your racist.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kt157 said:
mabbottusmc said:
but if u think about it theres a lot of White people banging their Confederate flags at CVHS. well there was still a lot when i graduated class of 02
Clayton valley? haha i go to Northgate...

·
Registered
450 Posts
BenReilly said:
I'm sorry, but we confederate flags around here, and that doesn't in any way mean we are racist, we've had plenty of black people at parties point up at the flag, and have no problem with it. Just b/c you fly the southern flag doesn't mean your racist.
well i didn't say everybody that have a confederate flag is racist.
i guess its kinda different out here then its in the south.
there was a couple big fights when i was in HS and it is mainly because of racisism, whites vs minorities.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Blue Blurr said:
kt157 said:
mabbottusmc said:
Clayton valley? haha i go to Northgate...
Castro Valley HS

·
eh-TEE-OH-clez
1,960 Posts
I studied racial relations alot and the point of an ethnic minority forming a club is multifarious:

A) Being a minority requires organization in order for voices to be heard. Whites, being the majority, have no problem having their voices being heard--because, at the most basic level, their voices are the norm and all other voices outside of this is considered a deviance. Thus, minority clubs are just a way of overcoming a collective action problem.

B) Ethnic minorities do not have exclusive goals. That is, their goals are not meant to exclude people: NAACP, for instance, tries to advance all people, not just blacks. Ethnic minority clubs on college campuses encourage and welcome ethnicities that are not their own: the point is to try to educate other people--thus, nobody is excluded. They host events--for instance, a hotdog sale--for everyone to participate, not just for their ethnic group: i've never seen a fundraiser turn away someone from trying to contribute because of his ethnicity.

C) Ethnic minorites need community as a forum for similar thoughts and ideas. We share this forum because we all ride motorcycles: imagine how frustratrating it would be if nobody you knew knew anything about motorcycles and you just wanted to shoot the breeze about bikes. The same thing happens with minorities: they have their own cultural differences, and sometimes you just need other people who understand you and your culture. However, it's not necessary for "white" people to have a forum specifically for "white" people because the "white" culture is the "default" culture that everyone partakes in: You can just as easily bitch about the morning drive to an asian person as you can a white person, but an Asian person has a harder time finding someone who will understand why the dim sum at this resturant isn't quite "right".

D) A "white only" group is inherently exclusive. All people in America share an American culture. If you create a "white only" group, then you are excluding people on the basis of ethnicity--then that, makes you a bigot--because people who aren't white also take part in this "white" american culture. That is, if you are white, and are totally into Japanese culture, then by all means join the Japanese Animator's club--no one will begrudge you on the basis of race: if you are able to partake in the culture, then you can join the club. However, if you make a "white only" club, then you really are excluding only on the basis of ethnicity--alot of black, asians, and hispanics share "white culture" because it is what they were brought up in.

There are lots and lots more reasons why there exists a double standard. That is, of course, not to say that the standard is either wrong or right. The standard is a result of generations of dual cultures: minorities holding onto a culture while living in this one. It's nothing to begrudge anything about. I believe that people need to start embracing everyone elses cultures befor ethey can legitimately begin to divide themselves.

·
5,253 Posts
Damn dude, why don't you just come along and steal the thread, What in the hell, you killed it what are we supposed to say after that????

Naw i'm playin Aeteocles, i agree with ya on what i read of your post.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Actaully here in cali whites are a minority, hispanics are 55% of the population so that makes everybody a minority.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts