Registered
28,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
who's this weirdo
you know, im wondering the same thing about myself? :crackup:

Hello...hello...hello..

Nice echo.
:goodpost:iamwith::thrasher:
echo is right. i dont even hear crickets. traffic on this forum is weaksauce.
maybe its summertime and peeps are out riding. wintertime should see some traffic. :crackup:

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Always wondered what is intersteing about interest in itself ? Check out my 2nd statement in my signature

·
Registered
966 Posts
maybe its summertime and peeps are out riding. wintertime should see some traffic. :crackup:
Summertime we are stuck inside. Wintertime IS riding time.

·
Registered
422 Posts
There would be 15 or 20 pages of active topics.
Damn man I wish it were that way now. 600s are a dying breed and it's just getting worse. Especially with the discontinuation of the RR.

You can basically blame the ignorance of humanity for it. People are too stupid to make a rational choice and buy something reasonable to learn on like a 250 or 300. They all want to be on a 1000 because they care more about looking cool than actually riding and enjoying it for what it is.

Just look at all the beat up wadded up liter bikes on Craigslist. Idiots.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Damn man I wish it were that way now. 600s are a dying breed and it's just getting worse. Especially with the discontinuation of the RR.

You can basically blame the ignorance of humanity for it. People are too stupid to make a rational choice and buy something reasonable to learn on like a 250 or 300. They all want to be on a 1000 because they care more about looking cool than actually riding and enjoying it for what it is.

Just look at all the beat up wadded up liter bikes on Craigslist. Idiots.

I can attest to many pages of active topics. I'm curious about your comment on the death of the RR? Apparently I have some learning to do. Time to go scour the interwebz.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I can attest to many pages of active topics. I'm curious about your comment on the death of the RR? Apparently I have some learning to do. Time to go scour the interwebz.
Yeah Honda is discontinuing the 600rr in 2017 due to the new EU emissions regulations. And the costs it would take to get up to those new regs when the 600rr sells terribly.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Stop speculating based on a couple people posting internet ramblings. Honda has said no such thing about the 600.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Stop speculating based on a couple people posting internet ramblings. Honda has said no such thing about the 600.
Ok we'll revisit this thread in a few months and see. It's not a couple of internet ramblings. It's literally everywhere dude. Research a little, will ya :salute:

People just don't buy new 600s anymore. Sales of new 600cc sportbikes have been on the decline for years everywhere. The US, the EU...

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
I just realized that I've been here for ten freakin years. It was a different place back then.
Daaamn, getting old X!

Forum is slowly dying unfortunately. I seem to be checking it less and less often.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Daaamn, getting old X!

Forum is slowly dying unfortunately. I seem to be checking it less and less often.
Man I check it everyday multiple times a day. But I wish it was more active. I wish I was here back in like 08 or so. I joined two years ago almost exactly but I've been most active in the last 5 months or so. Ive gotten tons of invaluable information on this site. I couldn't even begin to think of the many times I've been helped here. It may be slow compared to what it was but it's still the helpful online community I've ever been apart of in my life.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Daaamn, getting old X!

Is their any motorcycle forum that's not? We have a local one called Bama Rides and I rode thousands of miles with those guys 3 years ago. Nothing in there but crickets these days.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
A friend of mine had a theory the other day and I think he's on to something. For several years the motorcycle community was very active, and bikes were being sold at higher rates. Gas was pretty expensive and cars got worse gas mileage. Bikes were cheaper to buy and cheaper to operate. Now, thanks to pressure from the muthafuckin gubament you can buy a new car for $12k that gets 35+ MPGs. Now for me, riding a bike brings a joy like none other, and the efficiency of my Stallion is merely a fortunate bi-product. I'm afraid for many, a motorcycle is dwindling source of money saving. That was the thought he put into my head. It may not be legit, statistically correct, or even correct for that matter, but it sounded good.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Man I check it everyday multiple times a day. But I wish it was more active. I wish I was here back in like 08 or so. I joined two years ago almost exactly but I've been most active in the last 5 months or so. Ive gotten tons of invaluable information on this site. I couldn't even begin to think of the many times I've been helped here. It may be slow compared to what it was but it's still the helpful online community I've ever been apart of in my life.
I used to be quite active, however have slowly died off recently. It is an amazing forum with a plethora of information. I've been here for just over two years.

Is their any motorcycle forum that's not? We have a local one called Bama Rides and I rode thousands of miles with those guys 3 years ago. Nothing in there but crickets these days.
We have aussiestreetbikes.com which always seems to have something being posted.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts