Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 CBR600RR. It has 37k miles on it. No maintenance history. Ran fine, stable idle, great throttle response when I picked it up last week. After riding the bike for 4 hours straight, the bike began to bog down and wouldn't climb over 7k rpm. Feels like the bike is starving of fuel. At wide open throttle, the engine stumbles. No backfires or pops. I got home today, parked the bike in the driveway for 10 mins. After 10 mins, I tried starting the bike but the fuel pump wouldn't prime. I left it there for 5-6 hours and the fuel pump magically turned on later. I took the right airbox cover to find out that the relays were squished inside the airbox/frame opening for the ram air intake. I used to own an 06 600RR and I know the relays are supposed to be attached to a rubber mount on the left ram air intake. I feel like the improper location of the relays is adversely affecting the relay. The engine vibration and heat is perhaps damaging the relay? Or am I dealing with a dying fuel pump? I tested the fuel pump by bypassing the relay and running 12v through it and it sounds healthy! Is there any way to check the fuel pressure?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts