Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched this and it seems to be a common problem although noone seems to post the remedy they find or if they found one.

2007 CBR600RR

Most of the time the bike start's just fine, but Sometimes, The FI light does not come on and the Fuel pump does not prime

today for the first time it died while riding, Twice, both times after decelerating substantially. it would not start the first few times i tried to restart it after it died but about a min or 2 later it started again both times..

I checked my angle sensor under the 3rd eye and it is connected and installed correctly

I checked my fuse for my engine kill and it looks good, I do not have a multimeter with me at the moment to check the resistance or continuity or w/e.

I did recently install a power commander & speedo healer if it means anything

Does anyone have any ideas what this may be due to? what i may want to check out?

Thanks in advance
-Zac

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Did it have this problem before you put the PC in it?? And are you sure all the connectors to the PC are securely snapped in place? And the ground wire for it??

First thing I would do is unplug the PC entirely and just have all the stock stuff plugged in. Try it out for a week or so, if the problem is gone then you know where your problem is. PC's do go bad, and it's really not all that uncommon... you may have just gotten a faulty one. A buddies RC-51 wouldn't start at all for the longest time, ended up being the PC... took it out and it fired right up.

If the problem is still there with the PC disconnected, then you gotta start digging. My first 2 suspects would be an intermittent issue with the tip sensor or kill switch, or the wiring/connectors in between them. Also check all the grounds.... not sure of the 600RR's, but the F4i's had a common problem with the ground wire in the headlight wiring harness connector where it plugs into the main wiring harness. It would always burn and melt in the connector, causing it to stall out and have no fuel pump, and a few other weird things too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did it have this problem before you put the PC in it?? And are you sure all the connectors to the PC are securely snapped in place? And the ground wire for it??

First thing I would do is unplug the PC entirely and just have all the stock stuff plugged in. Try it out for a week or so, if the problem is gone then you know where your problem is. PC's do go bad, and it's really not all that uncommon... you may have just gotten a faulty one. A buddies RC-51 wouldn't start at all for the longest time, ended up being the PC... took it out and it fired right up.

If the problem is still there with the PC disconnected, then you gotta start digging. My first 2 suspects would be an intermittent issue with the tip sensor or kill switch, or the wiring/connectors in between them. Also check all the grounds.... not sure of the 600RR's, but the F4i's had a common problem with the ground wire in the headlight wiring harness connector where it plugs into the main wiring harness. It would always burn and melt in the connector, causing it to stall out and have no fuel pump, and a few other weird things too.

Will try disconnecting and see how it goes, thanx.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went through and double checked everything and everything was good so decided to re-route the wiring for the power commander to the left side of the backseat instead of the right so the riders seat wont touch it and passably put pressure on it, it has been working so far but only time will tell.

Next step will be removing it all together and seeing how it goes.

Thanx for the input thus far.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update, it finally did it again, was riding, shut off went to start again and no FI light or fuel prime, engine kill switch was on RUN although slowly clicking it to kill and slowly back to run got the FI light and fuel pump to prime... if it is my engine kill switch acting up how should i go about fixing it?i saw there was a relay for it near the battery and fuse, fuse looks good but need to find my multimeter to look into the relay.

is there anything else yall could think of it being besides the relay?

Thanks in advance
-Zac

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
It's your run/stop switch. Open it up and check the contacts.. From what we have seen you can bend the contact to get a better connection very easily. Put the cover back on and test it a number of times before going out or take a phillips screw driver with you on the rides.. T

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's your run/stop switch. Open it up and check the contacts.. From what we have seen you can bend the contact to get a better connection very easily. Put the cover back on and test it a number of times before going out or take a phillips screw driver with you on the rides.. T
Thanks alot tripage. will check it out in a few mins and let yall know how it goes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts