Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say 'Hi' and tell a bit about myself.

I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been riding for about 4 years. I've recently started going to the tracks. Work is boring so I spend most of my time surfing thus here I am...

:lol2:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Welcome to Double R.... Damn this site is gettin bigggg.

C

·
0 Posts
glad ya made it! we need to get a central cali track day for 600rr.net!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Welcome! Are you on BARF? Based on your avatar, you look kinda familiar, but I don't recognize your handle.

Have you done Infineon? I'll be there on Thursday. :bounce:

Great choice on the SV too. I sold it to get the RR. :D :( :D :( Kinda wish I could have both.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm also on BARF but I rarely post there. It's too big and I get so side tracked on the posts! (I have Adult ADD). What was I posting??!?!?!?!? :shock:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Wildkats said:
(I have Adult ADD) :shock:
One time at Thunderhill, I came around Turn 14 was so pleased with the line that I took that I forgot all about Turn 15 and ran off-track. Maybe I have ADD too. :lol2:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can relate. One time I was rocketing towards turn 14 and hit the brakes hard but forgot to shift my body inside. I immediately moved and got the biggest wiggle out of the bike thus ran off the track. Thank god for the steering damper! They did say that turn 14 is a good place to test braking points and if you're going to make a mistake, that's the turn to do it in....

he he he..... :bounce:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Hey I did the same thing (but it was on my SV) one time too! Was barreling down the back straight and setting up to brake late. This guy on a GSXR600 braked WAAAAAAAY early, well before first braking marker (this was B-group, he probably belonged in C) and I damn near rammed him. I grabbed a handful of front brake, the rear skipped around a bit, and my buddies behind me claimed they saw "smoke" coming outta my front end. Went right into the runoff track and re-entered the track between T7 and T8.

I often jokingly try and pass it off as "Yeah, I wasn't too happy with my performance on turns 8-9-10-11-12-13, so I decided to do that whole section all over again!" :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts