Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Activating myself here on this forum. I am Paul, from the Netherlands and owning 2 CBR6000RR's at this moment.
An 2003 for competition/track and a 2004 for road use.

I am interested in modifications and performance upgrades.

TRACK :
Stock engine, removed PAIR system/block off plates
Keyless elec system, no key needed
Powercommander V
PK-Power QS (push)
BMC race air filter
Laser titanium race line with Mivv muffler
K-Tech piston kit, linear spring front suspension
Brembo RCS19 with TRW disks (dry) stock disc on 2nd tire set (rain), use Brembo sinter or EBC carbon brake pads, custom brake lines
Vortex clip ons
Dominos fastthrottle
PP-Tuning rear set, reverse shift
Ricambi Weiss race fairing with Kruze racing rear seat
2005/2006 swing arm
WP 4618 (modified) rear shock
Metzeler TD 180/60/17, 120/70/17 (dry)
Metzeler rain 190/55/17, 120/70/17 (rain)
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Helmet Vehicle

ROAD :
Stock engine
Powercommander III
Bodis Titanium muffler
Hyperpro fork springs
Braking front disks, EBC rear disc, custom brake lines
Dunlop Sportsmart TT 180/60/17 120/70/17
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
4 years now and 2.5 with this bike. I started to do some circuit training days with the road bike. And after passing the exams for my race licence I bought this track bike. A lot has been done on this bike since that day. I do normal track days for training and fun also compete in a national amateur championship. This pictures with #723 are taken on such competition race days. Of you see other numbers, these are regular track days.

The vid shows such a race day, don't mind the Dutch language ;)

I had a side slide crash the first training track day this year and went down with 100 km/h +. And the repairs didn't help my planned budget. But all the sliders did't their work and the bike didn't roll over. Had to do some work on the body work, clipon, brake lever and frame slider. Suit only needed some repair. The boots will do till the end of this reason and needed a new helmet.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yeah man, after my high side at 60mph I was pissed. When I came too in the track ambulance I just kept asking about the bike and trying to get out. All I could think was I didn't see the bike and wanted to know how much money I cost myself. 😂 I felt the same way about my helmet. I needed a new one that was track specific but I went down with my favorite icon airframe pro street helmet. My suit I got lucky and only destroyed a cuff zipper which should be a quick repair for a local seemstress. I can't wait until I have more time under my belt. I just want to at least participate in a mock race at some point or get my license.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I walked away with only a thick middle finger :poop:
And most of the parts and damage could have been solved on track. But I and other others didn't have a brake lever for the RCS19.....

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Bicycle tire Automotive tire Crankset Bicycle chain Bag
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Sports uniform Sports jersey Jersey Sleeve Yellow
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Automotive lighting

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Back from a track day at Zolder in Belgium. 5 sessions of 20 minutes and it was and it was a no sound restriction day.
Nice to have some old school 250cc 2-strokes in the same group.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Isle of man tt Motorcycle

Day started with some light rain and drizzle. Not enough for switching to rain tires. So with the first session I waited to see what the lap times of the starters would be. After the first riders came by I also went out to check. There was a dry line and still some wet parts here and there. So I stayed of the curbs and just working on getting settled with the track.

The rest of the day is remained dry for the most parts. But the same tyre tear started to come up as I had last time at TT circuit Assen (NL). The rear Metzeler TD slick was used there also and it was turned around for this event. And had the same issue in Assen. Started with 1.8 in the morning and lowered it to 1.65 after 2 sessions. It was not as bad as in Assen but still a tear line was visible. I already knew the rear shock couldn't keep up anymore. In general these TD's performed great.

I planned some objectives for the remaining sessions. I worked/trained trail braking, steering with rear, overtaking, etc. No time attack or riding for PR.

Musical instrument Drum Idiophone Musician Membranophone
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Light
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Aircraft Vehicle Aviation Propeller Propeller-driven aircraft

An update is planned, a switch to a PC37B 2006 swing arm with and WP4618 competition shock. I have most of the needed parts, just waiting for some chain links.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Back from a track day at Zolder in Belgium. 5 sessions of 20 minutes and it was and it was a no sound restriction day.
Nice to have some old school 250cc 2-strokes in the same group.

View attachment 225971

Day started with some light rain and drizzle. Not enough for switching to rain tires. So with the first session I waited to see what the lap times of the starters would be. After the first riders came by I also went out to check. There was a dry line and still some wet parts here and there. So I stayed of the curbs and just working on getting settled with the track.

The rest of the day is remained dry for the most parts. But the same tyre tear started to come up as I had last time at TT circuit Assen (NL). The rear Metzeler TD slick was used there also and it was turned around for this event. And had the same issue in Assen. Started with 1.8 in the morning and lowered it to 1.65 after 2 sessions. It was not as bad as in Assen but still a tear line was visible. I already knew the rear shock couldn't keep up anymore. In general these TD's performed great.

I planned some objectives for the remaining sessions. I worked/trained trail braking, steering with rear, overtaking, etc. No time attack or riding for PR.

View attachment 225968 View attachment 225969 View attachment 225970 View attachment 225967

An update is planned, a switch to a PC37B 2006 swing arm with and WP4618 competition shock. I have most of the needed parts, just waiting for some chain links.
Looks like you have a riot. I need to get out to some of the other tracks in my area soon. I can't wait to see your opinion of the bike after the swing arm/wp upgrade. I also have been on the fence about the Metzler tds. It has to be more of a value than the Michelin power gp

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like you have a riot. I need to get out to some of the other tracks in my area soon. I can't wait to see your opinion of the bike after the swing arm/wp upgrade. I also have been on the fence about the Metzler tds. It has to be more of a value than the Michelin power gp
It was a nice day. Especially we were with a large group. More then 15 track buddy's on track spread in 2 groups. And Zolder is only 1.5 hour drive from my home :sneaky:

Sky Cloud Car Vehicle Wheel

This track has a reputation for being tricky, even dangerous. There are parts with little or no run off area's and parts were the side wall is very close.
And its quite easy to throttle to much and go off with a high sider. Still I like it. From the start finish straight turn 1, 2, 3 and 4 can be considered as 1 combined turn. It starts to left switched to three times right. The onboard below is again from my track buddy... I really need to get a GoPro myself....

·
Registered
119 Posts
It was a nice day. Especially we were with a large group. More then 15 track buddy's on track spread in 2 groups. And Zolder is only 1.5 hour drive from my home :sneaky:

View attachment 225977

This track has a reputation for being tricky, even dangerous. There are parts with little or no run off area's and parts were the side wall is very close.
And its quite easy to throttle to much and go off with a high sider. Still I like it. From the start finish straight turn 1, 2, 3 and 4 can be considered as 1 combined turn. It starts to left switched to three times right. The onboard below is again from my track buddy... I really need to get a GoPro myself....

That track is very tech. I like it, although your buddies keychain would drive me nuts on track. Watching this makes me realize how badly I need a slipper. Yeah you def need one. Your buddies quick for sure though. Do you guys run stabilizers?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have one training/test day on Zandvoort 27-09 and the last race of the season 13-10 on the GP track in Assen. Then it's over for this year. And maybe i am going to do a training stage in Spain in February or March. Next season I will continue in the ZAC championshop and maybe also a few races in the IDC (official open Dutch national championship) in one of the lower classes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Installed 2006 swing-arm and WP shock. The swap was easy. Just forgot that the captive wheelspacers from a 2003/2004 and 2005/2006 are different in diameter... Order them already, hopefully there here in before next saturday...

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Automotive design Tire
Wheel Tire Crankset Bicycle tire Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

1 - 20 of 34 Posts