Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Had to check, 1 cm minimal.

Have some small adjustments to do regarding geometry, chain length, fixed wheel spacers and rear sprocket. It's all to tight now with the 44T that is installed and am forced to use a 43 or 42. Otherwise I must replace the chain for a longer one. I will do that after this season.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Bumper Rim
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thank you so much, yeah I've been there I believe currently I'm running 114 link with a 15/47. I'm also at a weird spot where I should be running probably a 46T but then I have to cut chain to 112 link. I figured I'd make the final call after Tues and before the weekend on what my final decision on rear will be. So you still find yourself competitive vs others on newer bikes? How much power does your bike put down.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
+/- 116 HP rear wheel with the last dynorun (late 2020). Still feel some powerloss with 13k tmp up and thats why i want to do a valve adjustment in the winter. I just installed a 42t, so i am running 15/42 for now with the chain i have now. The bike is 1.5 (44) to 2.5 cm (42) higher on the rear with the WP shock and the 2006 swing arm (measured from a ref point on the subframe and mid rear axl). Next monday i will know more about the balance with all these changes. For now ill work with what i already have. And Zandvoort is a GP track and 15/42 will do, but I wont hit the sixt gear much, i guess.. I am gonna buy a new chain and sprockets for the next season. Normally i ride with 15/45. That is the most all-round set for the GP tracks i mostly ride : Assen, Zandvoort and Zolder. Only in Assen i hit the revlimiter with these sprockets, and only during quali in dry weather.

As for being competative.., I am riding in the midfield, loosing from newer bikes, but also riding in front of a few. I will loose straight line speed comparred with a 2007+ R6 or a 636. But can make up a lott with braking and cornering speed. Its all about the rider in the amateur classes. During normal trackdays it also depends on the average level of the other riders. And if i have a progam planned to train/better my skills. I had many sessions ruined by "street Rossi's" why think they are skilled riders, only to see them go off or go down by over riding themselves... I am 49 now, ill be the wiser guy :sneaky:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thank you so much, yeah I've been there I believe currently I'm running 114 link with a 15/47. I'm also at a weird spot where I should be running probably a 46T but then I have to cut chain to 112 link. I figured I'd make the final call after Tues and before the weekend on what my final decision on rear will be. So you still find yourself competitive vs others on newer bikes? How much power does your bike put down.
Checked, 112 chain now. The new chain will be 114 for sure. Need that because of the WP shock (1.5 cm higher) and i use 180/60 tires. I cant use 44 or 45T now because its to close to the pro-link.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Checked, 112 chain now. The new chain will be 114 for sure. Need that because of the WP shock (1.5 cm higher) and i use 180/60 tires. I cant use 44 or 45T now because its to close to the pro-link.
Yeah you see that rarely at my track oddly enough. The street Rossi crowd is usually shunned. Although, I did have a group of cringey dudes/girls next to me on tues. They were more worried about taping their glass up in funny ways and writing sayings on their taped up number plates.....3 of the 7 went down. dog **** slow around the track but in a class they shouldn't have been.....since it was a private event no one said anything for some reason. I'll keep an eye out as I have to mess with my gearing as the 15/47 is wayyyy to short. It sucks, but you do make me feel better about my buddies 16' 636 pulling me in the straight all the way to 6th gear. 😂 I try, then I put a hurting on him in the corners. Sometimes depending on traffic the straightaway is what gets me to where I have to fight to catch him.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Gonna use 15x42 on monday, so almost stock... just not enough chain length... The ordered captive spacers didn't arrive in time also, so using stock spacers.... I didn't know that the captive spacers of the PC37A (03/04) and PC37B (05/16) are different. For now just hoping for dry weather, bit of rain expected.. Have a set of brandnew rain tyres with me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Did the test trackday at Zandvoort circuit (NL). Was a 5 day session, but only ride 3 of them because of heavy rain. It came horizontal because of the sea wind, and didn't ride session 4 and 5 anymore. The shock and rear performed great, but now the front is to soft and don't have many options to make it harder. Beside heavier springs, so this will be done after the last comming race day on 13-10 in Assen.

Tire Sky Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Chair Tent Vehicle Shade
Wheel Tire Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Helmet Wheel Superbike racing Sports gear

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
The season 2021 is over. Finished 9th in the 600 class in race 1 (wet) and 12th in race 2 (dry). The WP rear shock and 06 swing arm did the job, no more cold or hot tear. Set the front suspension 2 clicks harder but still gonna need the heavier springs. Used 15x43 instead of 15x45 I normally would use on TT circuit Assen. This won't be an problem anymore as soon as a new 114 chain is installed.

Winter project : front suspension, valve adjustment, 114(520) chain and if budget allows : slipper clutch.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Helmet Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Light
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Building Vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle
Tire Helmet Wheel Vehicle Sports gear

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hell yeah congratulations. I also need a slipper badly. I can get a yoyodyne or evr for around 700 shipped. I have so many things I want it's ridiculous though. Looks like a blast actually being out there racing. I unfortunately need to replace the chain on my 520 also **** sucks but it's alright....new shiny parts are awesome too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Working overtime... @ work, nothing else going on. Cleaned the 1 piece suit and waiting for the training- and competition agenda and start making plans for next season. And there ?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Haha I'm right there with you. I actually found a 2nd full time job to buy my next bike. It's actually a bike I sold a few years ago but currently aiming for my next track bike. It's a 09 zx6r. Other than that about to make a post. I went a bit crazy on the CBR but nothing outlandish. Just trying to keep sane these next few months. How often do you replace suits/helmets?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yepp..., saving for the coming year. I just got my seat suit back after it was cleaned. Normally I use a suit until it really needs to be replaced or want something new (colours etc). Mine was repaired after the crash in April. But is still good enough for at least 1 season. 09 ZX6R (636?) ? One of the best 600 as far as I know.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yepp..., saving for the coming year. I just got my seat suit back after it was cleaned. Normally I use a suit until it really needs to be replaced or want something new (colours etc). Mine was repaired after the crash in April. But is still good enough for at least 1 season. 09 ZX6R (636?) ? One of the best 600 as far as I know.
Yeah I'm hesitant because it has 12,000 miles on it. All street and I owned it from 7k-9k miles. I know the current owner well. I have been looking for someone to repair my suit in July but they are kinda hesitant since I don't have race suit repair places nearby so alot of leather smiths are nervous. It's wearable but def needs to be serviced. I've signed up for penguin racing school and am going to try to join some regional races through wera. Im now trying to figure out my approach to a affordable season.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts