Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok now here is a story about a conversation I had with a "new" biker. He was so proud he just purchased his First bike a 1988 suzuki intruder..... shaft drive. Both tires dry rotted and lots of rust. I have an 05 600rr. He proceeds to tell me how his bike can really get away from ya and he can see why the person before him got rid of it. He then tells me I have a pretty nice bike but it would REALLY be something if it had HIS 1400cc v twin on it, ya know like a buell. I started to laugh at him but relized he wasn't laughing so I quit laughing, he was actually being serious. I told him he should really think about getting some new rubber and he blew it off like I was speaking spanish. Whatever I didn't even respond he is obviously going to hurt himself and has no business being on a bike. Everyone says I should have got on my bike and blew him away, I say screw that if he's gonna hurt himself trying to keep up I don't want that on my head. I told him to keep the rubber side down and rode off nice and easy letting him think he has one baddass bike.........him and his novelty half helmet were still sitting there trying to get his bike started.

·
Registered
103 Posts
That sounds like an interesting confrontation. I highly doubt his bike is geared the way the RR is. Especially if its a vtwin, he'll be in 3rd and youll be reaching 13k rpm in 1st (dont quote me on that, just an exaggeration). Dont let him get to you. You probably should show him what your bike is made of when/if he gets new tires. If he lasts that long. Also, dont street race (just to save my ass from flames here).

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah that was something else he said, and I quote, I think I could take you off the line yours is just a 600 and if not off the line i could def beat you in the top end......I told him if he wanted to believe that a pickup truck could outrun a ferrari to keep living in his little delusional world. I don't want to race him it would be pointless not to mention do nothing but endanger him he is a new rider with no gear his half helmet isn't even dot approve : ) guess thats why he's riding a suzuki

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
Id race him just to shut him the hell up. I hate mouthy people who dont know anything and spew a bunch of crap out of their mouth.

·
Registered
323 Posts
lmao i had a bunch of dudes in a dunkin donuts try and tell me the same thing. i asked whats the top speed in 1st, being that none of em had a bike that is newer that 1992 i think the highest was 67 .when i told them i hit about 80 before i hit the rev limmiter thew were shocked. then i told them bout the duel injectors per cylinder and they started asking me if i changed the reeds and drilled the carbs out. i almost died.i just laughed at em as they were getting in their 89 cavalier all beat the hell up and took off kinda hard. all i can say is that definetly changed their minnds about their bikes.lol

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
time for some knowledge... http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/suzuki_vs_1400_intruder_1988.php
that intruder pumps out a whopping 68 hp at 4800 RPM. The top speed is 103.8mph, and it weighs a cool 573lbs wet. Sooooo I think you MIGHT be able to take him. send him the facts sheet and watch him cry, tell him to go get a louder bike to keep up with his loud mouth and drive himself into a pole.

·
2,862 Posts
OMG I did not realize that thing was that pathathic. When someone w/ a bike like that runs their mouth to a sportbike they just need to be put in their place.

·
Registered
907 Posts
i had a different vision in my mind than THAT bike, thats just hilarious now.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
sidewayz said:
tell ur dreamer friend to come over here, i'll give him 20ft. advance in a 1/4 mile.
go easy on the intruder pare you can even give it a 100m plus & still smoke him, race him for pinks & when you get the intruder put on a sidecar & iboundary mo. LOL

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have something similar going on atm instead I have a friend at work that is telling me his 1983 honda cb1100f is gunna walk all over me I just laugh at him and say talk is cheap.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Yeah my brother has a boss hoss 502, it has 502 hp weighs 1400lbs it is fast, but i raced him on a back road....... up to 150 he is toast.

·
2,862 Posts
What is it w/ these guys w/ 80's bikes thinking they can keep up w/ technology 20 yrs later just b/c they have a bigger motor in terms of cubic inches?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts