Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to reset my clock and the mileage on the cluster, but the buttons are not working and the instrument pannel is not responding to the set / reset command. I looked the owners manual for instructions on how to do it, I have done it before too, but some how, it's not working any more.

Is there a fuse or something that needs to be fixed??

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
your buttons fell out from underneath the rubber outside ones. Pretty common problem.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had the same problem. I took it to honda b/c it was still under warranty. They had to replace the gauge cluster. When they took it off there was some small pieces raddleing around inside of it. The guy said it could have broken from rideing wheelies.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
riding wheelies has nothing to do with the cluster buttoms falling apart
mine fell off too i got the cluster replaced under warranty then 3 month later it fell off again i reattached the buttons and i got to do it again cause the left side button does not reset i love evreything about the RR except this crappy design

·
Home Wrecker!!!
123 Posts
ok, here is a weird question. My 04 is a Canadian model. I can change between miles per hour and kilometers per hour but I can't change the temp units from Celcius to F. Is this wrong on Canadian models?
doesn't really bother me just would like to know if something is wrong.

Thanks,

Conor.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Conor said:
ok, here is a weird question. My 04 is a Canadian model. I can change between miles per hour and kilometers per hour but I can't change the temp units from Celcius to F. Is this wrong on Canadian models?
doesn't really bother me just would like to know if something is wrong.

Thanks,

Conor.
my 03 is the same, i thought the temp will change but after playing a couple times, i gave up. so only the speed will change.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
ok here is the deal the reset button ( the left one ) changes from trip A to trip Bwhile its on trip A and you press down the adj button you can change the speed from M to KM if its on trip Band you press down the adj
button you can change the temp from F TO C

·
Home Wrecker!!!
123 Posts
moeman said:
ok here is the deal the reset button ( the left one ) changes from trip A to trip Bwhile its on trip A and you press down the adj button you can change the speed from M to KM if its on trip Band you press down the adj
Ya, i tried that cause it says the exact same thing in the manual but it just won't change. I know i am doing it right cause i can change between mph and kph, but not c to f . just kinda bugs me. what is the proper operating temp in C anyway?? anyone???

Thanks,

Conor.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Conor said:
moeman said:
Ya, i tried that cause it says the exact same thing in the manual but it just won't change. I know i am doing it right cause i can change between mph and kph, but not c to f . just kinda bugs me. what is the proper operating temp in C anyway?? anyone???

Thanks,

Conor.
For normal road use the operating temp will be between 80 degr. and 110 degr. Celsius depending on how outside temps are and on how far you rev it up during the ride

1 - 13 of 13 Posts